[DEDICATED SERVER] Stuck at Registering master server in Sing lobby

potato69
  • Pending

Some info:
- I have a dedicated server setup in AWS. I have one for the master server, and a separate for the cave.
- My cave can connect to the master just fine.
- This server is working prior to the wendy rework update. I just reported late. 
- A quick search on "Stuck at Registering master server in Sing lobby" gives several reports with no solutions, thus, I'm posting a new one.

Problem:
Stuck at Registering master server in Sing lobby after the initial wendy rework update.
Here is part of the server logs:

[00:00:34]: Validating portal[8] <-> 1812333258[8] (inactive)	
[00:00:34]: Validating portal[6] <-> 1812333258[6] (inactive)	
[00:00:34]: Validating portal[3] <-> 1812333258[3] (inactive)	
[00:00:34]: Sim paused
[00:00:34]: Gameserver logged on to Steam, assigned identity steamid:90133969045766149
[00:00:42]: Best lobby region is aws/Sing (ping 1)
[00:00:42]: Registering master server in Sing lobby
[00:00:52]: Registering master server in Sing lobby
[00:30:10]: [200] Account Communication Success (6)
[00:30:10]: Received (KU_SIyU7mq_) from TokenPurpose

As you can see, it took around 30mins to have progress following the register at sing lobby.

What I've tried:
1) In steamcmd, app_update 343050 validate
2) Open all connections in AWS
3) remove the server password, i.e., removed the cluster_password

Steps to Reproduce

Steps to reproduce:
1) Setup dedicated server (version should be before wendy rework update). Follow this tutorial https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590565473
2) After the wendy rework update, try to run the server. (I forgot what will happen at this part, but this will not work since the server is outdated)
3) Update server using steamcmd command: app_update 343050 validate
4) Rerun server
5) Get stuck at registering in lobby

User Feedback

I tried creating another dedicated server on another aws instance and it worked. At first I was stuck at the registering lobby but I left it open anyways. I checked it again and it reached the Received *** from TokenPurpose, then I checked the available servers in game and found my dedicated server.

Turns out the problem is not in my setup. There must be a problem connecting to klei servers. Maybe verifying the validity of the account token? Anyway, I can use dedicated server again, I just have to open it early before playing the game.

Share this comment

I finally found the problem! It is because my server is outdated. I used the steamcmd update command incorrectly, which created another dst game copy inside steam (steam/steamapps/common/). I mentioned that I used app_update 343050 validate to update dst, but I should probably have to use force_install_dir <path> first. I migrated the start command of my server to the new dst folder then it worked.

A new problem that I saw after this is that my ping went up from 60 to 99. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the update (version 406549), or the migrating of the dst folder. Or maybe it's my aws instance that has a problem.

PS
This should be marked as solved but I don't know how to do it. Or maybe a moderator will do it.

Edited by potato69

Share this comment