Dedicated Server fails to start with caves enabled.

c0untsmurfula
  • Pending

Klei Support led me here so basically..

I am unable to host a world that has caves enabled. From world generation options, if caves are enabled, the dedicated server fails to start. Removing caves fixes the problem, and then the world generates just fine. I am able to join servers with caves just fine however. My computer should be capable of running caves (but it'd definitely help with some confirmation on this; DxDiag is included).

Client log is attached for reference (however, I can't seem to find a *.mdmp file in the DST folder).

Things I've already done (with the problem persisting) :
1) Verified game cache.
2) Uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, after doing (1).
3) Removed Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder.
4) Disabled all client and server mods.
5) Double checked firewall access for dontstarve_steam.exe AND the dedicated server executable; both are allowed on both types on networks.
6) Ran both dontstarve_steam.exe and the steam client as administrator.
7) Made sure I was using the Nvidia GPU to run the game.

I am at a total loss as to why this happens. I'll add more files/logs should the need arise.

Steps to Reproduce

1) Start DST.
2) Generate world with caves enabled.

• Like 1

User Feedback

can you upload your worldgenoverride.lua located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves\Cluster_1\Master

?

Share this comment

On 7/24/2021 at 10:54 PM, EmuLegs said:

can you upload your worldgenoverride.lua located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves\Cluster_1\Master

?

They should also probably include the shard log at C:\Users\[WINDOWS USER]\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\[USER ID]\[CLUSTER NAME]\Caves\server_log.txt.

Not sure what's up with your modified DST data path though.

Share this comment

On 7/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, EmuLegs said:

?

I actually don't have the folder DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves. I still searched the DoNotStarveTogether directory for a worldgenoverride.lua file; seems it wasn't generated.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:11 AM, oblivioncth said:

They should also probably include the shard log at C:\Users\[WINDOWS USER]\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\[USER ID]\[CLUSTER NAME]\Caves\server_log.txt.

Not sure what's up with your modified DST data path though.

The data path's the same I didnt write the entire thing, thats my bad. This file does exist tho.

server_log.txt

Edited by c0untsmurfula

Share this comment

Hmmm, it does end prematurely but there's no error information. Mind uploading the one in the Master folder as well?

Share this comment

7 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Hmmm, it does end prematurely but there's no error information. Mind uploading the one in the Master folder as well?

Sure thing, here it is. But no error info here either far as I can tell.

server_log.txt

Share this comment