'Dedicated server failed to start' when on a world with caves.

lucky267
  • Pending

When attempting to start up any world with caves, I am greeted with a pop-up stating:

'Dedicated server failed to start.
There was some sort of trouble starting the server. Please try again.' (see attached for a screenshot)

This has only just started happening since the Webber update, although these two events may not be linked. I have reinstalled my game several times, reinstalled my mods (the issue still persists with no mods installed). This only happens with caves. Without caves, the world starts as normal. The log files say:

[00:08:57]: Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
[00:08:57]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main() complete
[00:08:57]: HttpClient2 discarded 0 callbacks.
[00:08:57]: Shutting down

In this case, it said 'Orphaned unnamed resource' (etc.) about 70 times, although sometimes it says it less times than that. Log file is attached.

Screenshot (42).png

Steps to Reproduce

I am not sure how to reproduce the issue as it seems to have happened randomly. 

• Like 1

User Feedback

Bump, the same happens to me, After I removed entire DoNotStarveTogether folder from documents I can start game with caves without any mods, but adding literally any mod will cause it to show above bug. The mods were working absolutely fine and perfect before the update, I didn't change anything.

Share this comment