Dedicated Server failed to start

Ovoidal
  • Pending

Whenever I go to launch my solo world the game goes to the launching server screen and informs me that “Dedicated server failed to start” It seems to have stemmed from the new update today. I verified the integrity of the game files, I restarted dont starve, I restarted my computer, and I tries creating new worlds. I have no mods and the problem could be that my computer didnt shut down properly but it has been doing that for about a week now.

Steps to Reproduce

I have no idea on how to reproduce this.

User Feedback

I have the same problems as you do. Since I updated today, I cannot resume my worlds at all. I cannot create new world with no mods. The condition of my computer is totally fine. Look for technical help as well.

Share this comment

I have the same issue...i was playing with my friends in a modded world and suddenly before a new day start the game crashed and both i and my teamates disconnected from the server and the game instantly closed.I tried to reload the server as a host and the game crashed in loading screen...i validated all the files via steam properties and i tried again...game crashed again...i tried to start another created world (which was also modded and it crashed again).i restart my pc and i tried to uncheck all mods and start the game without them...nothing...i reapllied them and the game crashed again...because all my saves were crashing in loading screen i tried to create a new world (one with mods and another without mods) both worlds started normally and after that i tried to reopen the previous saves.Unfortunately the crashes were still existing.

I have to mention that while i was playing the first world with my friends i had in the background a twitch stream to get some twitch drops for hte new skin on DST and i am wondering if the time i claimed the drop was that the game crashed and was there a kind of bug giving me this reward while playing...

I didnt tried any of the new features were added on the last update ...

Is these crashes a sign that my saves were corrupted and i cant load them again or i should keep hoping about them ?

Share this comment