Crafting tab switches items while at Pseudoscience station

Uncrushed
  • Pending

This is hard to describe, but I captured a one-minute movie on twitch demonstrating:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1778204690

Sorry, the screen is kinda clipped.  Also, in the video, I click the Pseudoscience station tab, which would make sense and not be a bug.  The bug is that this happens when pressing the 'C' key to 'Craft'.

Steps to Reproduce
  • Play as Walter.
  • Get 7 or more thulecite fragments (not sure this is necessary, but seems a good starting point)
  • Go to any partial or full pseudoscience station.
  • Bring up the crafting menu and craft 1 Walter-specific "cursed round."
  • Close crafting menu by pressing the 'C' key
  • Open crafting menu by pressing the 'C' key

Expected result:

Crafting menu should show the same Item I last looked at or crafted, the same as it always does.  In this case, that would be Cursed Rounds.

Actual result

Crafting menu shows Thulecite - the first item in the Pseudoscience tab.

Potential Solutions

Did you code the Ancient Pseudoscience station to show its menu to help new players find/realize that they even have a new menu?  If so, at least have a timeout for this feature.  It could switch menus the first time in this game that you use a pseudoscience station.  It could switch menus when you haven't opened the Pseudoscience station menu for a minute or 5 minutes or more.

Yesterday, I built 8 or so Thulecite when I thought I was making a boatload of cursed rounds.  I thought it was me doing something stupid.  Back to the Archive with a hammer for more fragments.  Today, my beefalo pushed me just far enough away from the Pseudoscience station while I was making rounds, that the menu closed.  I got closer and reopened and clicked 'build' again as I'm in the habit of when this happens in most other circumstances - and proceeded to make another 3 Thulecite before realizing my mistake.

In addition, you might allow hammering Thulecite to yield fragments.  Even if it's 3 fragments instead of 6.  I haven't tried the deconstruction staff on it yet, but the wiki doesn't say anything about turning Thulecite into fragments.

User Feedback

Just found out you can turn 1 Thulecite into 6 fragments very cheaply by crafting Thulecite Walls and hammering them.  I'm updating the Wiki now.

Share this comment