Crabby Hermit will lose tasks progress in some circumstances

lattematcha
  • Pending

When I give hermit 5 big fishes or a season fish at dusk (let's say day 1) and she gives me the task rewards in the next morning (day 2), if I roll back the server to the beginning of day 2 afterward, she won't give me rewards anymore. (and my fishes are gone)

After some research, I believe I found the likely cause of this issue:

When player gives hermit 1 heavy season fish or 5 heavy common fishes, fulfilling the task request, the task won't "actually complete" immediately ( trigger inst.components.friendlevels:CompleteTask() ), instead it will be temporary stored in inst.delayfriendtask until hermit enters some specific stategraph states and detects the value of inst.delayfriendtask.

So when player gives hermit those fishes at dusk (day1) and hermit not gives reward until next day(day2), the information of the task completion will just remain in inst.delayfriendtask until then. 

But since inst.delayfriendtask won't be saved as game saving, it means this information of completion won't be saved at the beginning of day2. Thus if player roll back the server afterward, the game will lose this information and hermit won't complete those tasks at day2 anymore.

And there is another issue: since inst.delayfriendtask can only record one task at a time, if player gives hermit 5 big fishes first and then gives her a big season fish (or vice versa) before the former task comes to actual completion, the record of former task will just disappear and only the latter task will be completed.

Steps to Reproduce

1. give crabby hermit 5 big fishes

2. give hermit 1 season fish

(1 & 2 step can reverse)

3. if hermit didn't give reward until next day

4. roll back the server to the day of step 3

5. hermit won't give reward anymore

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.