Connection 'freezes' 3-5 seconds after joining any server.

Nezzim
  • Pending

I've bought DST about 3 months ago, played for a month together with a friend, then we stopped playing for a while and about a week ago we decided to start again. But for some reason, I was having some weird connection issues now which were not present before. When someone tried to connect to my server (they could see it just fine), they just infinitely kept connecting and never actually connect. When I joined other servers, after like 3 seconds after appearing in the world my connection would 'freeze' and my character would keep running indefinitely in place and some battery-like flashing icon in the upper left corner would appear. The server itself would keep working fine and monsters/Charlie could hit me and kill me, but I wasn't able to do anything. I could see others performing actions as normal, it was just me that would get this weird freeze. My text messages wouldn't get through either.
We even tried creating local LAN world, but while being on the same network and trying to host a LAN world, neither of us could see each other's server.
Nothing changed in our pc setups, disabling nor activating mods changed nothing, we play on the very same machines and use the same networks we used 3 months ago when everything worked perfectly, we can ping each other, we even disabled our firewalls, but that didn't help either. We changed nothing, didn't install any new software, yet the game stopped working. Then we tried running the game as administrator and suddenly it started working again! So we played for 2 days with me running the game with admin privileges, one day on my server, the other day on my friend's. Today we tried playing, and all the problems described above are back, even though the game is still running with admin privileges! Restarting PCs, running without admin priviliges etc, nothing helps. I can't even see my friend's server on the list.
We ran out of every possible and known option.
This is incredibly infuriating. Please tell us the cause and the solution to this problem or release a hotfix.

20190912202602_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Launch DST -> try to join any server and actually play for longer than 3 seconds.

User Feedback

I'm having the same issue.  I just came back to the game after a break and I get the same issue in a fresh new world.  The world loads, my character spawns, then seconds later becomes unresponsive when I try to pick grass, runs on the spot before I'm disconnected.  The game doesn't crash, I just can't stay connected despite having zero other connection issues with anything else.

I have tried with and without mods - same issue.

I've restarted the game, Steam and my computer multiple times and tried making multiple new worlds.

I've rebooted my router.

My WiFi signal is full and a speedtest shows I have my usual 60ish Mbps Down / 10ish Mpbs Up which has been just fine before.

Edit to add: Playing alone, local only.  If it's relevant this was using Winona.

PLEASE help Klei, this is so frustrating, the game is unplayable right now!

Edited by FraggleBaggle

Share this comment