Caves progress not synced with overworld progress

legiggs
  • Pending

My caves progress sometimes gets desynced with overworld progress. I have lost 3 worlds now due to this bug. I play DST solo, saved to Steam Cloud.

The first time this happened, I went down to the caves to gather lightbulbs. When I spawned in to the caves, I noticed that my inventory was different compared to what I had in the overworld immediately before coming down to the caves. The day counter was pushed back a couple of days and character progress (inventory, days survived) was reverted to reflect the day counter. I considered this a loss and deleted the world to start a new one.

I was more attentive the second time when it happened again. I was going down to the caves close to when the night > day cycle was going to change. Upon entering the caves, my inventory changed to when I last left the caves and the day counter was pushed back a couple of days (the same day count as when I left the caves the last time). It also seems that 2 overworld cave entrances brought me down to the same cave. Frustrated, I deleted the world to start over again.

Today, I have a video of what happened (available on request). I went down to the caves with a good amount of time before night and when I spawned in, I was out of bounds and had to use the /rescue command. My inventory was different to what I had in the overworld. The day counter decreased by 10 days (which is approximately when I last left the caves). My character progress was reverted to reflect the day count - I had killed dfly prior to entering the caves and after my day count was reverted, I had lost the blueprint for the Lazy Furnace.

Before entering caves. Day 155. 3 segments before night,

image.png.d25627705f1fde8c12fd9be2591be0cf.png

After entering caves. Out of bounds. "day 155" (but when I pressed Tab I only survived 145 days). Inventory is different. hunger/sanity/health is different.
image.png.33869bbda90b6eb1f12d7ab4ed11a64d.png

Mods: (S) Server mod, rest are client
(S) Domestication Fixed
(S) Epic Healthbar
(S) Lazy Furnace
ActionQueue Reborn
Combined Status
Geometric Drop
Geometric Placement
Minimap HUD
Quickdrop
SmartCrockPot
Snapping Tills

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how reliable this is in reproducing the bug but from what I've noticed:

1. Leave the caves with something obvious in your inventory eg green gem
2. Drop the green gem in the overworld
3. Enter the caves close to when night changes to day
4. Check inventory for green gem. Check day count vs days survived (via pressing Tab)

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.