Can't Start the Game (nvm, lols)

ShadowGX
  • Closed

So hay, it turns out that deleting your entire save folder fixes it. (I like how I thought to try that AFTER posting... sorry!) That's fine in my case because I wasn't attached to any of the saves that were there, but I can imagine that others who might come across this issue might not be so pleased... Maybe just a certain file needed to be deleted? If anyone wants to chime in with what that file would be for next time or just in case someone else has this issue, that would be great.

Halp. 3: My friend was considering buying DST to play with me and I said wait to see if the mods I liked best were working yet, but I can't even open the game now...

20160628150053_1.jpg

What I've tried:

1. Disabled all mods. Originally the game was crashing to the option where you can disable mods, so I did. Now I'm crashing to the screenshot above.
  2. Unsubscribed to the new mods I recently subscribed to, just in case.
  3. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall (deleted the folder myself, I noticed Steam wasn't fully removing it). It's even on a different drive now. If there's something else I need to try deleting, I'm not sure what or where that might be.
  4. After the 3rd fresh install, I tried the "verify integrity of game cache" option.

And now I don't know what else to do.

Steps to Reproduce
Just launching the game... that's all. Not sure what else I might have done to cause it, unfortunately.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.