Cant cut down trees: Character becomes invisible when tried

king0trash
  • Can't Reproduce

Randomly the game will not allow me to cut down trees at all, even if i was previously able to. When trying to cut down a tree, my character will turn invisible and only a shadow underneath where the character would be standing would be there. Everything else works but this has happened multiple times :( its usually fixed for a brief time if i uninstall and reinstall the game but thats really inconvenient. I cant chop with the space bar or by using my mouse.

Steps to Reproduce
I just play normally and it randomly starts again. I hold down space with my axe equipped to try to cut down trees and it doesnt work.

User Feedback

I have the same issue with DST. I'm able to cut the trees if somebody else hosts, but I still disappear.

Share this comment

I can confirm this is happening to me as well. Everything was fine yesterday while I was playing with a friend. Today I attempted to resume that game and neither of us were able to chop trees. Any new game I create with/without mods, on any character, simply can't chop trees. When my friend hosts the game, she sees everything fine. I'm AM able to chop trees on her hosted game, but when I do, I turn invisible. This seems to be a visual only problem at that point as I can chop wood and collect it without a problem.

However, any game I host still doesn't work.

I was not sure exactly what files would help, so I've taken a dxdiag and zipped that up along with the entire ~/documents/kei/DoNotStarveTogether directory. It's attached to this post (~5mb) There were mods in use, however in the most recent save, I started the sever with no mods, verified the bug was still present, forced a save with c_save(), and then exited the game to make this bug report.

DoNotStarveTogether.zip

• Like 1

Share this comment

i have the same problem, only if I host the game. Then my husband who is playing with me also cant chop down trees. If my husband hosts the game we can chop trees, but it is lagging on my side very much (in spite of a good internet connection).

Share this comment

Same thing is happening to me. I was able to cut trees yesterday, but now all of a sudden I can't. My character vanishes. This is depressing because this happened a few weeks ago and I had to reinstall to fix it. Now we are far into the game and I don't want to restart again.

Share this comment

Same thing. Happens on all worlds i create. Used to be others could chop trees on my worlds even though I couldn't, but now nobody can. It isn't mods because my girlfriend is using the same mod set as I am and she has no problems in her worlds. 

Share this comment

I had the same issue

It happens in hosted games only, at least for me, the character dissapears while getting close to chop down trees and dosn't chop down trees at all.

And i don't have any mods installed.

:(

Share this comment