Can't create a new game _ starts at old game save day.

stevmjon
  • Pending

i already have 24 saved games. when i started my 25th and above new game, they seem to start from a previous game save day. eg game starts on day 131 summer. i turned off all server mods and still the same. i noticed that most newer game saves are on cluster 13 and above. the old game saves are on cluster 1 - 12.since the update where you have many game saves available, these started at cluster 1. when i got to cluster 3, with the newer game saves, these are giving wrong start days.

version 446029

i did have a mod that allowed 50 saveslots. i stopped using this after your update to save many savegames. i wonder if this mod had old data left behind?

should i just cut all the lower number cluster folders(1-12) out of the klei save game folder?

client.ini client_log.txt client_chat_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

for me it is just starting a new game.

is there a limit to the number of saved games allowed?

User Feedback

i have been looking at the different files to compare data, and i discovered that the "cluster_token.txt" files are empty in the old save cluster folders. cluster 13 and above are all new game saves, but cluster 1 - 12 are all older game saves. these older game saves don't show up in the DST list, and the cluster_token.txt file is empty in these.

so cluster 1 - 12 are the ones getting overwritten when i select a 'new game', but it loads the old world that is in the cluster folder.

so.... how does the data get written into the "cluster_token.txt file"?   (the data looks jumbled)

Share this comment