Audio doesn't reroute when new device connected (Mac OSX)

alexarbusto
  • Fixed

Anytime I switch my audio input on my computer (say from laptop speakers to headphones), the game audio doesn't reroute. It requires for the entire game to be closed and restarted for audio to reroute.

This is happening on Mac 12.2.1 Monterey but it has been happening before the newest version of macOS.

Steps to Reproduce

1) Start game with one audio source (ex computer speakers)

2) Switch to another audio source at any point in the game (even at start up screen)

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have a pending change in the next beta branch hotfix that should address this. I will update this bug report when that goes live and request that you try it out and tell me if this fixes it for you. You may need to replug in some headphones for it to detect the new settings.

Changed Status to Known Issue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

The hotfix has released for beta. Would you be able to retest this in your setup to see if plugging in or removing an audio device such as a pair of headphones forces it to output where you expect it to?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I will be marking this as fixed for now but it is still on the beta branch until that is merged back into live.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment