Astrill VPN incompatibility preventing connection to Klei Login Server

Gnosis
  • Pending

Since the latest update at the time of writing this bug report, having Astrill VPN installed on my windows machine has prevented me from being able to connect to the Klei Login servers for Don't Starve Together. Upon uninstalling Astrill VPN, I can successfully connect to the login servers. This issue has only occurred in the latest update.

Because I have prior experience with a similar incompatibility with Steam, I knew immediately what to do. Steam previously was also incompatible with Astrill VPN after an update. I shared the issue with Steam, and in another update they added a message which displays upon detecting Astrill's Dll that it injects. The message states the relevant Dll and it's related application (Astrill VPN), and starts Steam with different settings that are compatible with Astrill VPN.

I have also found a solution to this issue. The portable version of Astrill VPN does not have this incompatibility issue as it only works with popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) unless one manually configures proxy settings on another browser, because of this, the portable version of Astrill does not inject its proxy-related Dll into processes. If anyone else is having this problem, simply uninstall Astrill VPN, restart your computer, then download and use the portable version of Astrill VPN.

I have attached my client log when the associated issue occurred.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Have Astrill VPN installed on a windows machine. 2. Open Don't Starve Together. 3. Click Login.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.