AddLevelPreInitAny() causes identical world maps generated

Jinshi
  • Fixed

After the 574713 update, If a mod uses AddLevelPreInitAny() in its modworldgenmain.lua, the server will generate completely indentical world maps (no matter which seed is picked during the generating progress).

Please look at it ASAP, many thanks!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a mod, with an empty modmain.lua file, and a modworldgenmain.lua file as:

local function abc(xyz)
end
AddLevelPreInitAny(abc)

2. Start a server with this mod, and join the world to see the map.

3. Regenerate the world, and you'll see a same map with the former one (despite the fact that it used a different world seed).

• Sad 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Could you upload the server_log.txt file when the world generates with the unchanging world?

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

• Like 1

Share this comment

Is there any fix I can do right now? I literally can't start a new world because of this issue. Even when I turned off the mods, it still generates the same world map.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

On 10/1/2023 at 3:13 AM, Schiz said:

Is there any fix I can do right now? I literally can't start a new world because of this issue. Even when I turned off the mods, it still generates the same world map.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:56 AM, Lizarazu said:

I have the same issue :-( 

A hotfix has been deployed now for fixing the issue if you are still on an old version somehow run the game in 64 bit mode or update to the latest build released.

• Like 1

Share this comment