Action buttons stop working until moving (controller only?)

ShadowbirdRH
  • Fixed

Only started with this latest update. I've been moving some turf around, and sometimes the button to use the pitchfork to lift the turf will fail to perform the associated function. Trying the button again yields no effect despite the clear prompt on the screen to use that button for the desired effect. Nudging the control stick to move the character slightly resolves this issue, until it recurs again, seemingly at random. I've only just first encountered this bug recently, so while I know it occurs with using the pitch fork and with picking up items, I don't know that it's limited to those actions, or if the bug only effects controller users.

Steps to Reproduce

Using tools, collecting items. Bug encountered while using a PS4 controller.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Update: I've now also encountered this issue with interacting with objects, and fighting (which can be very bad). Action, Alt-action, and attack can all be bug-locked, and any other input including a not presently locked example of the above inputs, examination, or movement, will unlock it, until the next recurrence of the issue.

Edited by ShadowbirdRH

Share this comment

Are you playing with Caves?
Do you have Lag Compensation set to Predictive(default) or None?

• Like 1

Share this comment

With caves, predictive. Been playing DST since around late '21, on MacOS 10.13.6, don't recall seeing this issue prior to the current version.

Edited by ShadowbirdRH

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, ShadowbirdRH said:

With caves, predictive. Been playing DST since around late '21, on MacOS 10.13.6, don't recall seeing this issue prior to the current version.

Thanks! I will put out a patch soon to see if it fixes your issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Marking as fixed, but please do re-report if there are still problems after the hotfix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Glad to hear it. This bug's been causing quite a bit of mischief in combat, I'll look forward to that update with eagerness and gratitude.

Share this comment

Sorry to say, but the bug's still live. I'm still running into situations where I have the button prompt for attack on my screen, and pressing the attack button does nothing unless I move or examine first. I haven't yet checked out other interactions though, so I can't rule out that whatever was done was at least a partial fix.

Share this comment