A couple of controller issues

WillowBe
  • Pending

Hello,

First of all, the game is currently completely playable with a controller. But there is enough annoyance that prevent me to invest more time playing with it. I'll summarized the issues I noted. Some of them can be listed in this Steam workshop mod (and some of them could be fixed with it, but some remains):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1706782853

Here the full list, and I'll add some:

- You can only attack mobs you're facing

- You can only do actions on the nearest entity (meaning you need to move to every single sapling to harvest a farm of them)

- You can only telepoof / soul hop a set distance away from where you're standing

- There is no way to zoom in / out

- There is no way to walk with the map open

- Iceboxes and Crockpots can't both be accessed at the same time

- Structures and deployable items can only be placed in front of where you're facing

Also, the character control with left stick isn't really analogous. It is difficult to place structures in a precise way. The deadzone should be configurable somehow to give more control to the player.

Additionally to this, I noted that on the Steam Deck, we can't create a mashup of the controls, using some keybinds as controller ones, and some as mouse/keyboard. The player have to choose either a controller or mouse/kb control, with a config select box. I would love for this config menu entry to disappear, and for the game to support both at the same time.

Steps to Reproduce

Play the game with a controller, or steam deck.

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.