Wortox' Soul Hop action issues

NikMik
  • Pending

These both seem to be bugs or technical oversights, so I'm putting them in the bugs. Anywho! I've recently gotten back into the ol' DST and decided to give Wortox a shot. And for the most part he works great! But there's two issues...

Prob A) When the mouse cursor hovers over ANYTHING, regardless of whether or not they have a RMB action, the prompt to soul hop vanishes. In open spaces this is minorly annoying if a bird flies over your cursor right as you're about to hop from danger (my luck with that is awful) but in busy forests this is lethal for poor Wortox as finding a place to hop in the heat of battle is far more stressful than need be.

Prob B) Sometimes the action just breaks entirely if you're running. Like, if you're holding a directional key or holding the mouse down, no matter how many times you smash that RMB he just won't hop. But then sometimes he does. Even if Prob A was a (kinda weird) design choice, this screams bug to me and I think all Wortox mains would rejoice if it were fixed!

EDIT 2: The cause seems to be if other actions are interrupted! Say if you begin picking a sapling, but the action gets interrupted.

EDIT 3: Not just interrupted; it happens sometimes if you successfully harvest the sapling as well. It seems to only happen if you load in as Wortox, as despawning to choose another character and then going back to Wortox seems to resolve the issue until I leave and rejoin the server, or at the very least make it far less likely to occur.

I don't really think this is a bug that needs the log to be brought in, but say if it'll help and I can provide! G'day to you all.

EDIT 1: Realized I posted this in the Return of Them section instead of the regular DST. My bad.

Steps to Reproduce
Prob A) Put mouse over thing Prob B) Run and hop. It'll break eventually.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.