Post-death Character Rewards

MinniBat
  • Can't Reproduce

I've had Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants dlc basically since ROG was released, meaning I've had Webber and Wigfird for a good long time before Shipwrecked.

The other day, after dying at the end of a game playing as Walani, I got the character reward screen- I watched my game tell me I gained enough XP to have earned Wigfrid, and that I was just short of enough for Walani. A character I've had for around two years, and the character I was JUST playing as.

I don't know if this was maybe due to my game not having the most recent update ( I don't remember if it updated before I opened it, and I didn't even realize there was a new one since The Eye of The Tiger Shark update ), so perhaps just a glitch since it's registering that there SHOULD be two new characters I'm working towards ( Warly and, more recently, Wilbur ) but only one being in my version of the game, and I thought it was even weirder that another character from a different dlc would be in the same bug- but not the other one of the two, at that.

My death wasn't really anything that would overload the game or anything I don't think, I was just attacked by a few sea hounds on a nearly dead boat and drowned.

Also a little earlier before this bug, I had scared away a shadow hand just as day was breaking, but the music still played every time I neared the area where I set my camp. My boyfriend says he's had that problem in the game before, in both dlc and with none, though.

Steps to Reproduce
My death wasn't really anything that would overload the game or anything I don't think, I was just attacked by a few sea hounds on a nearly dead boat and drowned.

User Feedback