Abigail doesn't attack Blue Whales, Monkeys are generous, and other oddities

MilesHikari
  • Fixed

I'm an avid Wendy player and just started Ship Wreckeda few nights ago but noticed a few... Oddities. Namely that I had had Abigail and tracked down a Blue Whale while riding a bamboo raft in the mild season, I attacked the whale (with both a harpoon gun and a spear) but Abigail just sat there floating the whole time, as if she didn't even notice the thing trying to eat me.  Now I will admit that at the time I did have the Abigail Plus mod on (because DS Abigail call is not yet SW compatible.) so there is a chance that this may have added to this incident, and I will let the mod developer know about it, as will as try finding a Blue Whale again without the mod on just to make sure if it was Abi's general AI or something from the mod. I just wanted to pass this incident along just in case.

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but the other day I found myself on a Jungle island with about three or four Prime Ape huts, again playing as Wendy. I gave one Prime Ape some bananas and suddenly I was rich! Loot of all kinds was raining from the sky every now and then for the next few days, including stuff I had never picked up. I found at least three eyeshots. twelve dubloons, a tainted crown, and quite a bit of other loot. Again much more than the monkeys had taken from me, and there were in there items I didn't even know existed (like the eyeshots). So again not sure if that was a bug or I'm still not used to Shipwrecked but I felt I should mention it.

Other than that I had noticed that trying to Alt+Click examine a seashell that's still buried in the ground with Wendy causes her to talk, but no words appear (Her mouth moves and I can hear her voice, but no text is displayed.) Now this little bug I saw a day before the Wilbur VS Volcano patch, have yet to try again with it. Also I don't know if it's a bug or just that all the text files have yet to be put in, but I've noticed that Wendy uses the "It's a... Thing" examine text for a lot of different items, like the cooked limpets and some of the boxes around the crash site, among others I can't think of at the moment.

Lastly I dunno why but I can't pick up sand with the space bar. Using Space will shovel the sand pile just fine, but when the sand itself is ready for pick up Wendy just stood there staring a it until I manually left clicked it.

Steps to Reproduce
Track a Blue Whale in mild season on a Bamboo raft as Wendy with Abigail active, and attack the whale with either a harpoon gun and/or a spear. Give a Prime Ape some bananas on a jungle island with at least three to four Prime Ape huts while playing as Wendy over the course of several days. Alt-Left click examine a seashell that's still lodged in the ground with Wendy Attempt to use Space Bar auto pick-up on sand.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Sorry the Steps to reproduce areas removed my separation of the topics. In hindsight perhaps I should have made separate posts.

Share this comment