• Cutscenes are Broken, and here is the fix.

Z_Doctor
    • Pending
      Bug Type: Gameplay
      Game Version: Build: LU-361684

To the mods: If you would be so kind to either move this to the correct forum (editing this part out) or rejecting/deleting this post. It would be appreciated.

Background:

I beat the game for the first time a day or so after the patch. By that I mean I launched the hydrogen rocket to the temporal rift. I've watched another streamer beat the game, so I was expecting a cutscene to play. I got the achievement and in-game and through steam but nothing happened. Figured it was an isolated case, but someone else in a Discord I'm in said they had the same problem for the statue and shortly after the streamer I watched had the same problem. So I looked into it.

The Problem:

The problem is that the winning achievements aren't being added to the newlyCompletedAchievements list. As I understand it, no achievement is. The only method I saw that added them to the list was CheckAchievements and that doesn't seem to be called. Instead, the method Sim33ms looks to be the one to be handling when an achievement is completed, but it doesn't actually add the achievement to the newlyCompletedAchievements list.

The fix:

The fix is very simple. I just replaced that method with something that did the same thing except it would add it to the list of newlyCompletedAchievements. Of course, since EVERYTHING is pretty much private, I needed to use reflection. But with the source, it should be a pretty easy fix. I posted a mod that does this here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847451995

Edit: This post was meant for Oxygen Not Included, but to my shame, I posted in the wrong forum and can't delete. :(

User Feedback