Can you believe Summer is here already? This Spring has really flown by! And so it's time for another patch. More and more the team has been focusing on DLC development, and so this time around it will be a fairly small patch Please hop on the testing branch and let us know how it's working, and also let us know if there are any pressing issues we've missed, either here or in the bug forums!
As always, thank you for your support and excitement. It's so encouraging to us to see everyone collaborating on complex designs, helping each other solve the smallest and largest problems, and continuing to dream about the future of this game together with us!
What does this testing branch contain so far?
Here are the changes we've made so far in this update, loosely categorized:
Fixes and Improvements
- Timer Sensor's copy settings now copies elapsed time and whether it is in cycles mode or not.
- Prevent fetch errands from putting items in storage that were never requested. This is a partial fix for "buildings with weird stuff inside them."
- When a Hammer strikes Automation Wire/Automation Ribbon, it will correctly read the length of the wire/ribbon now.
- Updated Chinese strings
- Fix a case where "ghost bottles" would appear outside of buildings.
- Fixed vertical wind tunnel description.
- Fixed Puft Prince description.
- Sauna no longer requires steam in pipes to operate, only that there is sufficient steam in storage.
- Liquid and Gas Reservoirs no longer round the amounts of their contents before testing logic levels. Fixes a bug where they would activate when they were "close" to the activation amount.
- Significantly reduce wait time when a crash occurs with mods present
- Ice Maker is now overheatable like other production buildings.
- Sweepy's Dock is now overheatable
- Sweepy now correctly starts and stops charging if the dock becomes powered/unpowered while Sweepy is trying to charge.
- Fix partial melting/partial evaporation heat calculations. Energy used should be the energy required, not the difference of what's available.
Fix bug where Auto Sweepers' storage was growing unbounded, but not delivering contents
- Unfortunately this reverts the fix to the bug where sweepers drop their contents on load - our delivery system requires this, for the time being
- The seed chance bonus from the Agriculture skill was only being applied at 1/100th strength. Now a 3% increased chance actually means a 3% increased chance. (This is on top of the base 10% chance any crop plant has of producing a seed.)
- Fixed the Arbor Tree incorrectly stating that it had a seed drop chance. Pips must be utilized to get extra Arbor Seeds.
- Conveyors show the proper names of contents, rather than always showing their element (e.g. Genetic Ooze)
- Renamed the baby Pokeshell's molt to Small Pokeshell Molt. This makes it more clear in the various lists and screens where the molts can show up and fixes the functionality of the Conveyor Element Sensor.
- Fix the Vitamin Chews saying they have no effect, when their effect is in fact 0.5.
- Microchips and Micronutrient Fertilizer items will group into a single item when on the ground
- CO2 puffs exhaled by Duplicants will no longer teleport their CO2 upwards when released inside a non-breathable space. Instead they will try to find a nearby CO2, breathable, or other gas cell to release into. (Note: There is still a bug where Dupes can still unexpectedly breathe CO2 into a non-breathable room if they are standing near the edge of a tile.)
- Transit Tube corner animations have been made all the same length.
- Transit Tube corner animations play faster so that duplicants maintain consistent speed
- Fix drag tools (i.e. pipes, cancel) not stopping when clicking near UI
Ore Scrubber no longer requires chlorine in its pipe to work, only in its storage. It also shows a red status icon when it has insufficient mass in storage.
What is open testing?
"Open testing" means players get to test-drive new content early and give us feedback and suggestions before it goes live. Because this is an unfinished and in active development version of the game, it's pretty likely you'll encounter bugs, crashes or balance issues while playing these builds. We'll try to fix any problems that crop up as quickly as we can, but it's possible you'll lose progress in your games while playing on the Testing branch.
Regarding performance, the Testing branch has additional debugging tools enabled to help us track down crashes. This makes the game run more slowly than the live version of the game.
Please also be aware that once a save is loaded in the Testing branch, it cannot be reopened again in the previous Live branch or previous builds.
What do I do if I find a crash or a bug?
Post it up on the Bug Tracker and we'll fix it as soon as we can. If you can attach a copy of your save file to your report, that helps us even more as we can pinpoint the source of problem more quickly.
Do I have to play the open testing build?
Nope! If you'd prefer to only play a stable build, you can continue to play in the current Default branch until the game launches in full. Playing the Open Testing build isn't necessary, but it helps us a lot to receive your feedback and reports - if you're interested, try it out!
How do I become an open tester?
There's no sign up or registration for becoming an open tester. If you own Oxygen Not Included and want to join the Testing Branch, all you have to do is play the Open Testing build on Steam.
How do I play the open testing build?
You can switch your branch on Steam using the instructions below:
How to change branches in Oxygen Not Included (Steam)
- In Steam, click on Library > Games.
- Scroll down to Oxygen Not Included.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Go to the BETAS tab.
In the dropdown, select the name of the branch you want to play. In this case, the branch name is "public_testing"
- This branch does not require a password.
- In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."
- Your game will be updated to the the previous branch.
- Launch and play Oxygen Not Included
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.