Today we start testing a free ONI update: Meep's Manadatory Recreation Content Pack! This is a content pack with a set of new recreation buildings to help our Duplicants relax and enjoy the leisure time all that Automation has brought to them.
As well, we've added a new mechanic called “Overjoyed Responses” which gives a chance of bonus improvements to decor or productivity along with new Overjoyed reaction animations when Duplicant morale is much higher than expectations!
The team has been hard at work these last few months improving performance issues, as well as working on bigger things for the future. We figured it's been a while since Launch and you all deserve a little something nice while you're waiting.
We've fixed a number of bugs in this update as well, so thank you so much to everyone who has reported bugs in the forum! We always appreciate your reports and feedback!
What does this testing branch contain so far?
Here are the changes we've made so far in this Pack, loosely categorized:
New and Notable Features
New Joy Reactions
- Balloon Artist
- Sparkle Streaker
- Super Productive
- Sticker Bomber
- Mechanical Surfboard
- Hot Tub
- Soda Fountain
- Beach Chair
Improvements and Fixes
- Update desalinator sounds
- The first rockets and Duplicants sent to the temporal tear do not return
- Fix crash when loading older saves that do not have a world definition
- Fix Bed and Bath achievement being permanently failed
- Fix crash when MODs trigger a write access dialog
- Fix lit workspace buff not correctly applying when researching
- Fix crash when building items with liquid conduit input or output
- Eating in a well lit area no longer causes Duplicants to waste calories
- Fix Duplicants overlapping walls when emptying the Algae Terrarium
- Fix overlay icon crash when building
- Fix conduit crash when loops are present
- Steam turbines correctly obtain boost from Engie's Tune-up
- Do not cancel tune-up errands if a building becomes nonfunctional
- Fix a crash when opening the pause menu for a save whose world ID is missing
- Fix Duplicants getting stuck in a loop if they are incapacitated near the bottom of a ladder
- Duplicants now auto-assign to a Medical Cot if they get to critical health.
- Reduce texture usage on the Ethanol Distillery
- Baby Pacu variants now use the correct animations
- Save files work correctly when moving between OSes
- Fix several buildings not playing their "finish up" animations
- Fix bug where pumps will toggle blocked status even when flowing freely
- Fix "Not 0K, But Pretty Cool" achievement not calculating minimum correctly
- Add notarization to macOS builds
- Update the Mod Uploader tool for macOS Catalina
- Print more explicit error messages to the log file when IO errors occur
- Add ModUploader logging to macOS builds
- Improve errors when trying to load Yaml files
- Fix load screen reloading files unnecessarily
- Add Low Res Textures option to the graphics menu
- Load screen now stretches to fit the width of the screen
- Fix lit workspace tooltip
- Remove extra description for carpeted tile
- Align decor text in building descriptions
- Fixed order of cycle entries in My Log database
- Fix various keyword highlights in tooltips
- Fix newly researched build categories not appearing when there are insufficient materials
- Fix video playback on Linux
- Update power circuit descriptions
- Load screen now correctly groups saves by colony
- Improve readability of date text when a save game is selected in the load screen
- Add spaces to keyboard shortcut commands
- Remove unused hotkey build menu strings
- Truncate the displayed mod list in error messages when it gets too large
Check the patch notes for the most up-to-date changes!
What is open testing?
"Open testing" means players get to test-drive new content early and give us feedback and suggestions before it goes live. Because this is an unfinished and in active development version of the game, it's pretty likely you'll encounter bugs, crashes or balance issues while playing these builds. We'll try to fix any problems that crop up as quickly as we can, but it's possible you'll lose progress in your games while playing on the Testing branch.
Regarding performance, the Testing branch has additional debugging tools enabled to help us track down crashes. This makes the game run more slowly than the live version of the game.
Please also be aware that once a save is loaded in the Testing branch, it cannot be reopened again in the previous Live branch or previous builds.
What do I do if I find a crash or a bug?
Post it up on the Bug Tracker and we'll fix it as soon as we can. If you can attach a copy of your save file to your report, that helps us even more as we can pinpoint the source of problem more quickly.
Do I have to play the open testing build?
Nope! If you'd prefer to only play a stable build, you can continue to play in the current Default branch until the game launches in full. Playing the Open Testing build isn't necessary, but it helps us a lot to receive your feedback and reports - if you're interested, try it out!
How do I become an open tester?
There's no sign up or registration for becoming an open tester. If you own Oxygen Not Included and want to join the Testing Branch, all you have to do is play the Open Testing build on Steam.
How do I play the open testing build?
You can switch your branch on Steam using the instructions below:
How to change branches in Oxygen Not Included (Steam)
- In Steam, click on Library > Games.
- Scroll down to Oxygen Not Included.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Go to the BETAS tab.
In the dropdown, select the name of the branch you want to play. In this case, the branch name is "recreation_pack_testing"
- This branch does not require a password.
- In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."
- Your game will be updated to the the previous branch.
- Launch and play Oxygen Not Included
That's it! We hope you'll enjoy this taste of what's to come, and thank-you for your help testing out the new Upgrade!
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.