Today's update should reduce hitching that can happen during the card games. We were doing a lot of redundant state updates in the cards themselves, and this was starting to become a problem. Hopefully, this didn't break anything, and the cards are still up-to-date and accurate as you play and the state of the game changes. But it's a terrifying change, so make sure that you f8 any weirdness that you see!
- Remove potentially superfluous Refresh cards.
- Avoid full hand refresh when processing DELTA_ACTION_COUNT, CONDITION_ADDED, CONDITION_REMOVED. It's only necessary for debug commands which modify state outside the normal course of the card sim.
- fightscreen can preload defs, which can preload defs
- void_chain preloads the anims for the monster it wants to spawn
- clean up cardwidget:SetOutline to do less redundant work
- don't double-layout tooltip widgets
- make cardwidget:refreshcard cheaper by not recalculating everything every time
- don't refresh new card widgets twice when adding to hand
- Keep fightarrow.tex, negotiationarrow.tex loaded
- your comrades hate you and leave you if you abandon them in side_smith_seemli_triangular_firing_squad
- mettle upgrades are presented in a sorted order
- Only emote "injured" when being removed from an encounter at the end of combat if you are an active speaker (prevents talking animals in rare cases)
- make question go away after it is asked in dangerous_goods_seller.lua
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.