The reign of the new shadow queen has swept across the land of Don't Starve Together and now creeps deep into the bowels of the earth. What ancient secrets will be dredged up by Charlie's dark machinations, and what purpose does she have in mind for the formidable being at the center of the Ruins?
New Giants: New bosses like the Toadstool, Bee Queen and Klaus await your challenge. The Antlion may give you trouble too, if you're looking to pick a fight...
Enhanced Biomes: Explore the desert biome for a chance to discover a luscious oasis, or brave the caves and delve into the heart of the Ruins for ancient secrets.
New Ruins Content: Who is the Ancient Fuelweaver, and what does Charlie have in store for him?
A New Reign is complete and live now! We would like to give a huge thanks to everyone who participated in the Beta, and we are completely blown away by how helpful this community has been with bug reports and feedback.
Please note that all the new content added as part of A New Reign will be automatically retrofitted into existing Worlds, but we cannot guarantee that this will be exactly the same as using a new Save Slot to generate a new World.
- Search the desert for new surprises shrouded by the Sandstorm in summer.
- Pay tribute to the Antlion to prevent Sinkholes above ground and Cave-ins underground, as well as earn other rewards.
- Added Desert Goggles, a must have when walking into a Sandstorm.
- Added The Lazy Deserter, a magical device used for teleporting players to each other.
- Added /sit and /squat emotes.
- Discover the secret entrance to the new Atrium zone inside the Caves and unlock the mysteries lying deep within the Heart of the Ruins.
- Ornate Chests can no longer be destroyed, and the Large Ornate Chest now contains better loot, including an Ancient Key.
- The Shadow Atrium can now be used to resurrect Odd Skeletons. Results may vary, depending on where you attempt this dangerous ritual!
- Ruins music is back!
- Fixed bug with Dragonfly sometimes not resetting properly when teleported away before engaging.
- Fixed bug causing Bee Queen to summon more Grumble Bees than normal whenever they chase players too far away while enraged.
- Bundling Wrap is now learnt from a Blueprint dropped by Bee Queen (or Klaus’s Loot Stash).
- Mandrakes now have a chance to drop from Klaus’s Loot Stash.
- Unwrapping Bundled Supplies will now check for valid ground before dropping the items.
- Fossil Fragments lying on the ground can no longer be smashed by earthquake debris.
- Broken Thulecite Crown will now auto-equip the next one immediately even if there is currently a shield.
- Fixed hair animation layering bug when mounted with a heavy object.
- Beefalo will no longer walk away from you when you are trying to carry a heavy object onto it.
- Players will now play the correct animation when casting spells while mounted.
- Fire Staff and Ice Staff can now be used while mounted.
- /yawn and /sleepy emotes can now be used while mounted.
- Blueprints can now be learnt while mounted.
- Melted Mini Glaciers will now dry up in Summer or near a Campfire.
- Fixed bug where Pengulls stopped spawning after the first year.
- Fixed bug where poop thrown by Splumonkey can land and stay outside of valid ground.
- Fixed bug where Hounds can sometimes fail to spawn for players standing near the edge of the world.
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Player disconnects during Hound attacks.
- Fixed bug where auto-attack fails to target Werepigs drawn to the Moon Stone.
- Fixed bug where Shadow Chesspieces sometimes have a long delay before transforming.
- Fixed bug where hammering an Ancient Pseudoscience Station can sometimes fail to produce a random spawn.
- Fixed bug where Giants were not destroying Mini Glaciers properly.
- Fixed bug where Pengulls did not react properly when damaged by Blow Darts.
- Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Trees will never resume combat once they have gone off-screen once.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Poison Birchnut Trees go off-screen.
- Fixed item drop bugs for various structures when Deconstructed or hammered.
- Fixed bug where Ghosts can sometimes still do damage after dying.
- Fixed bug where insanity overlays sometimes do not show up properly when a player loads in with low sanity.
- Fixed bug where Buzzards and other flying creatures can sometimes appear to be stuck in the air.
- Fixed bug where Lucy did not remember if she possessed an Axe or Luxury Axe after shutting down and resuming a world.
- Fixed bug where some caged Birds never fall asleep.
- Poisoned Canaries will no longer trigger Bird Traps and become invisible.
- Spore Clouds will no longer make pets go hungry.
- Flowers planted by players or bees will no longer grow back after being picked.
- Fixed bug where burnt Flowers would not grow back over time.
- Fixed bug where Players can sometimes encounter a single rogue Eye Plant somewhere in the World.
- Fixed bug where Earthquake frequency customization had the opposite effect.
- Fixed bug where Klaus’s Deer could sometimes spawn in the ocean.
- Fixed bug where Lanterns picked up by the mouse cursor did not turn off when another item was equipped onto the hand slot.
- Optimizations for particle and sound effects on objects such as Torches.
- Physics optimization for recently placed structures.
- Minor reduction to the collision radius of Wardrobes and Meat Bulbs.
- Caves world gen is now guaranteed to add the Ancient Guardian.
- Forest world gen is now guaranteed to add the Pig King.
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.