Action hover issue

Hi all,

Having trouble with a teleporter component, from what I observe the action to "jump in" seems to cut off every time the animation of the object comes to an end. Most if not all animations are handled by a custom stategraph and there is no disabling of the component mentioned in the file.

This is just my observation however, the reality could be different.

Visual of the object:

WdoLBmcm.png

As seen above, the object(Undefinable Void) is successfully highlighted but will lose focus/highlighting whilst being hovered over(both static and mobile cursors), it'll lose focus approximately every 1-2 seconds and return back to focus promptly after half a second.

Object's function:

The object allows a user to port to another rift location which occasionally moves location every "x" seconds (8 by testing default). The secondary rift never actually disappears or gets removed - only moves around and changes animation.

The visual is a swirling effect (perhaps the white graphic is cutting out selection somehow?).

Stategraph code

Hide contents

require("stategraphs/commonstates")

local actionhandlers=
{

}

local events=
{

}

local states=
{
    State{
        name = "idle",
        tags = {"idle", "open"},
        onenter = function(inst)
            inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("Idle", true)
        end,

},

State{
        name = "growing",
        tags = {"idle", "open"},
        onenter = function(inst)
            inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("Grow")
            -- since we can jump right to the open state, retrigger this sound.
            inst.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("dontstarve/common/teleportworm/idle", "wormhole_open")
        end,

onexit = function(inst)
            inst.SoundEmitter:KillSound("wormhole_open")
        end,

events=
        {
            EventHandler("animover", function(inst)
                inst.sg:GoToState("idle")
            end),
        },
    },

State{
        name = "closing",
        tags = {"busy"},
        onenter = function(inst)
            inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("Shrink")
            inst.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("dontstarve/common/teleportworm/close")
        end,
    },
}

return StateGraph("SGshadowportal", states, events, "growing", actionhandlers)

Additional code can be provided on request for further investigation.

I'll keep cracking at it for a solution myself but if anyone has encountered this or has a fix/method of approach, I'd appreciate any advice. ^^

Edit: disabling the animation looping and having it as a static graphic no longer incurs the problem - suggesting the animation looping process is at fault; but how does the default wormhole overcome this? (it's animated on being near and far)

Edited by MorickClive

Sorry to bring this up again although it might be useful to others.

I've not fixed it - but rigorously tested it, Spriter animations with full looping rotation seems to cause issue with the collision detection for the mouse/UI interaction. In addition to this, opacity does not tween either. Currently I'm testing with the free provided version, so just a warning to y'all.

If anyone knows of any alternative methods of approach, I'm totally happy for any assistance - but my code isn't at fault; I've thoroughly analysed the differences, discrepancies and only found the issue is directly affect by the animation itself. I would have analysed AnimStates further if I could find it (to determine if I'm breaking any rules there), but all I've been able to find is the definable for SoundEmitter (debugsound.lua).

Bleh; time to make a expanding/contracting portal I think (maybe something sand related).

Edited by MorickClive