A Draftsman Made A Base

I haven't seen any threads related to showcasing one's HQ. Thus, as a draftsman specializing in Architecture, i've decided to share my most recent base with the universe.

I began with three nice pools of water, the first of which i turned into my main plumbing area. I built around my printer as fast as I could, knowing that I had to keep sleeping cots near oxygen, outhouses away from living areas, and heat-generating electronics away from my growing area.

Over time, I multiplied the amount of plants I had, and now I have too much food. I used to have batteries near my Research Stations, but I deconstructed them and moved them into my "Steam Room". It doesn't work; I put too much water into them and I don't know how to limit the amount of water I put into it. The water valve isn't slow enough. I'll do more research.

Hydrogen is being managed, and gas tiles work half of the time, but I had to literally pump oxygen to my plants to maintain enough air pressure to keep them growing.

Aesthetically, I'm pretty pleased with the efficient symmetry and extra space to place emergency buildings (thermal fans, etc) near specific areas. I hope my base isn't too large, and I've considered using manual airlocks to block off residential areas from high-heat areas. I'd love some suggestions and feedback. If this is the first thread of its kind, please share your bases with the universe. I'd love to learn more about how other people approach this game. Thanks for making a fantastic game, Klei!

Oxygen Not Included - Base Overview 1.png

Oxygen Not Included - Base Overview 2.png

Oxygen Not Included - Base Detail 1.png

Archived