Fishing

Well first off my son and I enjoy this game with all the expansion packs. It is a lot of fun even if I sometimes get burned out when I've built up a base and do something dumb and BOOM!

Anyway something I would love to see

More Fishing!

-a 'worm' farm where you could dig up one or more types of worms (dig up in forest or other areas and plant like seeds) i.e. night crawler, giant blue, manure worm, wriggler etc each of which have a chance of attracting different fish/eels

-craftable lures i.e. with feathers

-a deluxe fishing pole which could fish the oceans with said worms or lures attached

-obviously fish in the 'ocean' I mean the game is surrounded by water, why not some random fish for us former fisher types to relive their glory with a stone fish (like a cactus edible but with a poison spine to be collected), grunter (with a noise sack that can be used like the beefallo horn to attract fish men or some similar fishy result, flying fish (collect the 'winged' skeleton to construct a kite? or a a toy glider (which you might use to throw at spiders or other critters from a distance)?. You get the idea.

Thanks for an awesome game.

For the record I was specifically interested in RoG as I know Shipwrecked has some fishing.

Other ideas: I know you can snag stuff with the rod so the idea of having fish 'out there' shouldn't be a big issue I hope. You could also have random stuff like when you snag - old boot, seaweed, clam whatever. Finally you can even create a composter to allow composting of fish/seaweed to make a 'super fertilizer' after x amount of time which would give you some of the bigger more nourishing plants or heck even a multiplier on fruit/veg crop - i.e. 2x carrot

Archived