Porting Mod from DST to DS + Mod Issue/Help

I was just wondering if I would be able to port a mod that I found in DST to DS to play.

It allows you to get a marble seed after you mine marble trees and replant it to get more marble trees to grow after a couple of days.

I was reading a few entries on here but most of them was regarding DS to DST and checking that a line in the LUA code said that it was compatible. I did all of that and placed the mod folder in the correct place but it wasn't showing up in my game. I started to think that it couldn't be done the other way but then I remembered that I subscribed to the Meteors mod a while back which had done the same thing.

So I tried uploading it to the steam workshop but it still crashed when it was subscribed and in my game which I think I fixed by lowering the API to 6. Now it doesn't crash on start up and says that it's enabled but after I mine one of the trees it just drops the marble like normal - no seed; I've tried on several different trees, generated new worlds, closed and restarted the whole game, republished the mod to the workshop - still nothing.

Now I'm stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: The mod I want to port isn't mine, I just really enjoy playing with that mod. :)

Archived