Rouge
A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 

I was searching the chests of an abandoned base on a survival PvP server. It wasn't exactly an uncommon task for me either. I was playing Wickerbottom, who best suits me since I'm a nomad at heart. I had already been playing for quite a while, winter had just ended, and I was now the proud owner of a walking cane and Tam o' Shanter. I finished rooting through the chests, and grabbed the nitre in the chest. It was already spring, and I had to prepare for summer. I was admittedly doing pretty well. I had a piggyback and had learned most of the useful recipes. I'd also made an effort to find a base with a shadow manipulator, and I now had prototyped all my books. I continued on my journey, and I eventually ran into someone. It was a pretty decked out Wendy, clad in nightmare armour and wielding a dark sword. I assumed she was chasing someone, but she stopped to talk with me. She said she needed some protection, and that she could pay well for it.

I wondered why someone with gear like that would need protection, but perhaps she was the one being chased. Sure enough, a Webber ran up to Wendy, who stood behind me, and spewed a string of curses at her. I typically only used violence as a last resort, but since I was being paid for this... I charged at the Webber, who was clad in a lot suit and football helmet. I drew my own armour, which was identical to his, and we fought.  He was a little better at kiting than me, but when the battle started to turn in his favour, I used my secret weapon. I read sleepy time stories, stunning Webber. Then I surrounded him with hay walls so he couldn't escape, and I stun locked him beside the walls. I looted his corpse and asked Wendy for my payment. I half expected her to turn on me once the dirty deed was done, but she instead led me to her small base.

She said she could pay me tomorrow, and ask night fell I asked her why she was being chased. She claimed to have accidentally lit some things on fire, which wasn't very believable, but I didn't question it. As day broke and Wendy sorted through her chests, I helped myself to some bonus payment in the form of food from the fridge. Wendy gave me some gold and stone, a poor payment for the task I had performed, and I was glad I took the bonus payment. I set out again, ready to spend spring gathering nitre for summer. I mining whatever rocks I could, and eventually came across a group of three Wolfgang's traveling through the desert. They were armed to the teeth, and I was pretty sure they were going to raid somebody's base.

I followed behind them, but was careful to stay just out of viewing distance. Eventually, they found a medium sized base and without warned attacked. They had marble suits and tentacles spikes, while the defenders wielded spears and grass suits. I imagined this would be a pretty one sized fight, so perhaps the defenders would flee. If they did, I might be able to rush in and grab some good loot before the Wolfgang's attacked. After an unsurprisingly short fight, the Wolfgang's began picking through the corpses. I ran into the base and opened the fridge, which had a couple stacks of rot. The Wolfgang's spotted me and gave chase, but with my walking cane I was able to outrun them. The ghosts of the defenders screamed at me to kill the Wolfgang's, but I wasn't really in a position to do that. Eventually, night fell and they stopped to make a campfire. But, luckily I had the best friend of any keen looter, moggles!

I slipped into the base under the cover of night and finished looting the chests. They didn't have anything particularly good, but they had a few pieces of nitre. One of the ghosts was still kicking around at the base, so I made a heart and revived him. He thanked me, but the Wolfgang's were already coming back. I fled, but poor Woodie, who I had revived, was killed once again by the Wolfgang trio. I spent the next few days traveling the wastes, and found the Goose/Moose. I couldn't fight her myself, but perhaps I could find someone who could.

I contacted Wendy and asked her if she could bring some friends and help me kill the Goose/Moose. She accepted my offer, and said she could meet me in a few days. I prepared spare armour and weaponry. Then I began setting up a temporary base, which I occasionally did just to get a crockpot. After a few days, I was getting kind of bored, since Wendy was taking forever. I decided to search the area to try to find an abandoned base, I was unsuccessfully, but I did find a corpse which had some papyrus and bones shards, which are both quite useful. Only a day after I found the corpse, Wendy said she was close to arriving. I build a chest and stocked it with meatballs, knowing that after a long journey Wendy's food supply might be diminished. 

Then Wendy arrived with her companions. I was in the process of explaining our battle strategy, and then I realized who Webdy's "friends" were. The three Wolfgang's marched into my little camp and ate a bunch of meatballs from the chests. Wendy was probably the only thing that prevented the trio of strongmen from trying to murder me in cold blood. I realized that if Wendy died during the fight, that the Wolfgang's would certainly attack me. I though for a moment, and then explained my new battle strategy. 

Archived