Too "scared" to continue playing?

Aren't you scared the monster will mess your nearly organized base up?

I personally don't like when that happens. It may get you up in a corner where a monster destroys your structures, you have no materials to rebuild it all and you rage quit. Not good for the game.

I would want it to be some kind of assassin, letting your structures be structures...

Structures are important, I was thinking about some monster that will make you run from your base. Like something that's starting to camp in your base for some time, something that can't be killed, you will have to build more than one base then, preferably in 2 distant places to switch between them when that monster arrives.About destroying structures, it wont be a big problem, it's very easy to rebuild everything in 1 day.

Structures are important, I was thinking about some monster that will make you run from your base. Like something that's starting to camp in your base for some time, something that can't be killed, you will have to build more than one base then, preferably in 2 distant places to switch between them when that monster arrives.

About destroying structures, it wont be a big problem, it's very easy to rebuild everything in 1 day.

Kevin said it's almost invincible. But can it beat 20 pigs, a beefalo herd in heat and some tentacles? We'll see...

Kevin said it's almost invincible. But can it beat 20 pigs, a beefalo herd in heat and some tentacles? We'll see...

That monster should just ignore everything, and make your base his new home. He should be able to kill everything that attacks him, and don't leave area of your base.

Anyway after attack of this monster your ice box is empty, some structures destroyed. That would be interesting situation.

Edited by _Q_

That monster should just ignore everything, and make your base his new home. He should be able to kill everything that attacks him, and don't leave area of your base. Anyway after attack of this monster your ice box is empty, some structures destroyed. That would be interesting situation.

and then hotfix nerfs it so it just politely asks for some bread and goes away.I love the idea but it sounds way too rage inducing.

and then hotfix nerfs it so it just politely asks for some bread and goes away.I love the idea but it sounds way too rage inducing.

There is that world configuration thing in winter update, that will be something for me, I just hope I will be able to configure amount of resources with that. No more free food everywhere.

There is that world configuration thing in winter update, that will be something for me, I just hope I will be able to configure amount of resources with that. No more free food everywhere.

I have high hopes for that feature, let's hope it gives many sliders (berries, carrots, rocks, etc)

I have high hopes for that feature, let's hope it gives many sliders (berries, carrots, rocks, etc)

The more I play the more things looks bad for me. Why there is gold scattered on the ground, when you have .4 chance of getting gold by destroying some stones.Why Pig King gives you tons of gold, you will never use it.Why you don't lose any sanity after you murder pigs, they are primitive tribe you can befriend, and why they always like you, even if you murder 1000 of them.

The more I play the more things looks bad for me. Why there is gold scattered on the ground, when you have .4 chance of getting gold by destroying some stones.Why Pig King gives you tons of gold, you will never use it.Why you don't lose any sanity after you murder pigs, they are primitive tribe you can befriend, and why they always like you, even if you murder 1000 of them.

Wilson kills for SCIENCE!

Why can you murder pigs and then use their meat to befriend pigs is what I find 'funny'. In a creepy exploity way.I never ran out of flint, but supposedly pig king gold is for crafting gold tools. Flint is 'finite'. I say 'finite' because I honestly can't imagine going through all +200 bits of flint that I managed to gather by day 50 (with plenty of rocks still around)

Why can you murder pigs and then use their meat to befriend pigs is what I find 'funny'. In a creepy exploity way.I never ran out of flint, but supposedly pig king gold is for crafting gold tools. Flint is 'finite'. I say 'finite' because I honestly can't imagine going through all +200 bits of flint that I managed to gather by day 50 (with plenty of rocks still around)

Good idea with flint, I will just make it .4 chance item like gold from stones. Gold tools, I have 34 gold in my chests and around 40 lying on the ground in front of a Pig King, doubt I will ever run out of gold, and all that gold just lying around on the ground is making this game so easy, you can find 15 gold just by running around, that's make building alchemy engine so easy and fast.

Good idea with flint, I will just make it .4 chance item like gold from stones. Gold tools, I have 34 gold in my chests and around 40 lying on the ground in front of a Pig King, doubt I will ever run out of gold, and all that gold just lying around on the ground is making this game so easy, you can find 15 gold just by running around, that's make building alchemy engine so easy and fast.

The alchemy engine is kinda essential, tough...

Yeah I am not a fan of the random rocks and gold lying around on the ground in forest biomes. Similarily I'm not digging the random mine-able rocks in forests and savannah biomes. I'd make it .5 gold and .5 flint (make them mutualy exclusive) and the rest - just rocks. Flint is really valuable when you start, perhaps more so than gold. Leave it spawned randomly over grass biomes, maybe also extend it to SWAMP (not forest) - swamps are hazardous to traverse, so it makes more sense to me that valuable resources would await there.

it is yeah, but you can build both research machines on day 1 if you hurry, with plenty resources to spare. That's a bit silly.

Not as essential as you think, and its to easy to build it. Even without gold laying around in random spots, you can brake few stones and get it. Getting gold by braking some stones it's better. It's like you want something then work for it.Use that naughty and nice system for pigs, like let's say you kill 3 pigs and then all pigs don't like you and try to kill you until you bribe Pig King with something, so they like you again. Make pigs drop item called pig meat, that can't be used to bribe them to follow you, and get gold from Pig King, no more gold for morsels, only normal meat form beefalos will give you gold. Edited by _Q_

Gold laying around is pretty rare, it only happens next to graves and spider colonies. It doesn't really matter, one way or another.The rocks laying around only happen next to wormholes, it's not exactly random either. I'd like to know if that rock respawns (wormhole spitting rocks out?), since it would make rock slowly replenishable.

Gold laying around is pretty rare, it only happens next to graves and spider colonies. It doesn't really matter, one way or another.The rocks laying around only happen next to wormholes, it's not exactly random either. I'd like to know if that rock respawns (wormhole spitting rocks out?), since it would make rock slowly replenishable.

I woudln't think so. Flint and rock are both finite resources.

That.. actually makes sense, kinda. Wormholes are digging in the underground, they should spit out rocks. (like 1 rock every 15 days)

Use that naughty and nice system for pigs, like let's say you kill 3 pigs and then all pigs don't like you and try to kill you until you bribe Pig King with something, so they like you again. Make pigs drop item called pig meat, that can't be used to bribe them to follow you, and get gold from Pig King, no more gold for morsels, only normal meat form beefalos will give you gold.

If you manage to camp near a pond you can use frog legs to hire pigs, and make the hired pigs attack another pigs without the need of actually hitting anything. Just click in a non hired pig while wielding a weapon and immediately move elsewhere with wasd keys. The hired pigs will continue the attack you have interrupted. With enough pig houses around you can use this to convert morsels, drumsticks, frog legs and fish to meat or maybe pig skin. Same process is used on beefalos. Order pigs to attack beefalos and collect the meat of the defeated.With some luck you can start an all out village war with a couple pigs. If other pigs get in range after the first hit, they can join your side of the battle.What about tentacles? You don't even need to give the attack order to collect meat, monster meat or both.A think the above must be taken in consideration in the naughty and nice system. Right now you can get the dirty work done without getting the blame.

If you manage to camp near a pond you can use frog legs to hire pigs, and make the hired pigs attack another pigs without the need of actually hitting anything. Just click in a non hired pig while wielding a weapon and immediately move elsewhere with wasd keys. The hired pigs will continue the attack you have interrupted. With enough pig houses around you can use this to convert morsels, drumsticks, frog legs and fish to meat or maybe pig skin. Same process is used on beefalos. Order pigs to attack beefalos and collect the meat of the defeated.With some luck you can start an all out village war with a couple pigs. If other pigs get in range after the first hit, they can join your side of the battle.What about tentacles? You don't even need to give the attack order to collect meat, monster meat or both.A think the above must be taken in consideration in the naughty and nice system. Right now you can get the dirty work done without getting the blame.

Like hired pigs can't attack other pigs. Well if respawn time will be long, I doubt you will lead all pigs to the swamps to kill tentacles, and I don't mind killing pigs with such tricks, this is something to do to get that meat and skins instead of simple and fast slaughter in the pig village. I don't know the ideal solution of bacon farming problem, if I don't find I will just remove pigs from my game.

There should be a spider biome, spiderweb everywhere and nests can aggro you (with a certain range) during the day and night.Gold should be there on the ground.We would need some "web shoes" to walk there, tough.

there sort of is one alreadyI sometimes see a variation on the quarry where there are boulders a crap load of spider dens and some loose gold sprinkled about