[Request] Throwing Spears And Rocks (new prefabs and actions)

HenryXLII

So I was thinking of a new way to deal damage, as said in the tittle, what if you could throw spears and rocks?A thrown spear deals 75 damage (same as a tentacle spike) when it strikes an enemy, Moves in a perfectly straight line going a debatable distance, Upon hitting an enemy it loses 10% durabilityA throw rock is destroyed on impact and would do the same damage as punching something (I do not know the exact damage, I think it is somewhere around 10?) I am not good at modding things, so if there is anyone who could possibly pull this off feel free to. I think it would be nice to get things like gobblers early with out using a pan flute or dart, or for finishing off an enemy you are to afraid to go near to.

Edited by WrathOf

The problem with this is balance. Right now, to get access to renewable sources of morsels, you have to continually craft something to do it. Traps, boomerang, darts, etc.Having a ranged attack that takes something easy to find or make like rocks and spears would throw the game off completely.

I think throwing spears are reasonable, as long as they're crafted differently than regular spears, perhaps requiring more wood (the regular spear is way too crooked to function as a javelin). And you are losing the spear once it's thrown, so that's actually massive resource consumption over time.

This request is fine and can be made to work in a balanced way.....it's just not something we can accomplish yet....not until we can get proper access and tools for the image and animation assets. Right now we have access to the code and so people are making mods based on that. I am sure eventually we can address something like this.To me the rock throwing is amusing for when you first start the game with no research and only have an axe, pickaxe and rocks you pick up lying around on the ground. :DAnd yeah, the throwing spear would be a new javelin weapon that you research probably with the alchemy machine with appropriate cost and use.

75 DAMAGE???ONLY 10% DURABILITY LOSS?!?!?O-bloody-PI can just imagine myseff and a whole lot of others just have a chester and backpack + inventory filled with then and launching them at bosses and spider dens. Tier 3 would be a bloody joke. Naah you need to nerf it down,Minimum distance?Lower damage?VERY expensive?Research tier 2?

I think a rope and a spear would still be pretty inexpensive, a little extra for the spear would be a bit better, unless the damage would get a nerf, My original idea was using your spear as a ranged attack and the poblem being picking it up, even more so if you miss, but seeing how the AI works, picking it up would not be to hard, this would be odd but what if the spear stuck to the monster and did not drop till the monster died? It would be odd, but it would stop people from playing to much of a ranged game.