Speech mod v0.5

JoeW

Please remember that all mods are to be used at your own risk. Klei will not be able to help you with any issues you may have with your game as a result of using a mod. Please remember that player made mods in Don't Starve are new and could cause issues with your current saved games. It is advised that you do not install game mods unless you are completely comfortable doing so.

Nice job trying to quote Joe before him haha, but it says it's still a work in progress..how much new content is in at the moment?

I posted that quote before joe... Don't know why he did it. Right now mostly the general things the characters say are done. Like for instance when they say "Those pigs have nice houses" In mine he would say " Those pigs have nice houses, I wish I could have one ". I haven't really gone that far into the script to see what the different characters say yet. But in time it will be better! Please download it and try for yourself! I hope you enjoy it!

I posted that quote before joe... Don't know why he did it. Right now mostly the general things the characters say are done. Like for instance when they say "Those pigs have nice houses" In mine he would say " Those pigs have nice houses, I wish I could have one ". I haven't really gone that far into the script to see what the different characters say yet. But in time it will be better!Please download it and try for yourself! I hope you enjoy it!

xD yeah that was weird of him..but is it for all the characters? or just Wilson? and it'll be nice to see some different dialogue!

I posted that quote before joe... Don't know why he did it.

Right now mostly the general things the characters say are done. Like for instance when they say "Those pigs have nice houses" In mine he would say " Those pigs have nice houses, I wish I could have one ". I haven't really gone that far into the script to see what the different characters say yet. But in time it will be better!

Please download it and try for yourself!

I hope you enjoy it!

May i point out that i don't think he posted that, he said it's an automatic thing tht does it for him, he is offline after all. :)

- - - Updated - - -

*That

Spelling correction!

xD yeah that was weird of him..but is it for all the characters? or just Wilson? and it'll be nice to see some different dialogue!

Overtime I will change it up. I just didn't want to change so much that no one would use it. It is for all the characters, I am just editing the general sayings they have at this moment. In time, i will get around to the rest of the characters. I will probably release the full version on Monday, if I have enough time to work on it.

Overtime I will change it up. I just didn't want to change so much that no one would use it. It is for all the characters, I am just editing the general sayings they have at this moment. In time, i will get around to the rest of the characters. I will probably release the full version on Monday, if I have enough time to work on it.

Sounds good! Are you going to try to change the quotes to match their personality too? and so it's only for Wilson right now?

Sounds good! Are you going to try to change the quotes to match their personality too? and so it's only for Wilson right now?

I will (try) match it up to their personalities. No I don't think it is just for Wilson. It is the general things ALL characters say. And I changed some some stuff that Max says also.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a good 4000+ lines of scripts, I have only gotten to about line 3000.

:D Well I downloaded it and will definitely check it out after I'm done eating.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it! If you have any suggestions email me at reportmoistedparanoia@gmail.com

Can I help make up manure for the other characters?

I don't quite know what you're trying to say. Just send me an email at reportmoistedparanoia@gmail.com

And if it is good enough I will accept it

Hmm, this seems like something that could be handled with the new language translation support.Not now, but when you are done, maybe look at transferring all your new dialog to a copy of the mods\languages\french.lua file and call it something like "english_SpeechesMod.lua".Then people could just download your file to the languages folder and add "require ("mods/languages/english_SpeechesMod")" to the language.lua file to use it.That way they are not changing the strings.lua file. And would make it easier for the language translators in future too. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

i exspirimented with the mod.. does the speach thing only for wilson or? i havent realy exsplored it... some speaches dont seem to match the charecters personality? honest opinion o.o like wilson is a smart (but slightly crazy scientist) willow is obsessed with fire and burning things idk.. just sugestions