Using one receptacle with two auto-sweepers

Hey guys. I am currently struggling getting a conveyor setup to work.

I have 1 receptacle which receives several edibles via conveyors. There are several fridges for the different types of edibles. My left auto-sweeper works just fine and fills the fridges, but my right auto-sweeper idles away.

The food that stays in the receptacle can only be stored in the right fridges.

Is there a trick on setting up a receptacle with 2 sweepers? Is it intended to be a 1:1 ratio between receptacle and sweeper? Can anybody provide a working example?

7D19BB344E6326DA0D3EFF826AEA987BD6E0E1A6

5 hours ago, Sevio said:

@martosss If you replace the container with priority 9 with an auto loader, you can send the overflow on to a receptacle in the next room and continue your autosweeper madness indefinitely. :)

Oh, so sweepers first load stuff in the container and then what is left hops on a loader? I still haven't played around with sweepers much, so I'm gathering info, but apart from the priority madness and the tricky range I haven't gathered much.

Btw, is there the way to transfer both egg shells and meat from farm to different destination storages without using 2 loaders? Currently my chain consist of: sweep+Load -> Recept1 ->sweep+fridge+Loader -> Recept2->sweeep+storage (cant attach a screenshot). If there is no way to do so, then I tend to build The GreatSortingHub where all stuff sorts and sends to different consumers. Does anyone have effective examples of smth similar?

6 minutes ago, CDoroFF said:

Btw, is there the way to transfer both egg shells and meat from farm to different destination storages without using 2 loaders? Currently my chain consist of: sweep+Load -> Recept1 ->sweep+fridge+Loader -> Recept2->sweeep+storage (cant attach a screenshot). If there is no way to do so, then I tend to build The GreatSortingHub where all stuff sorts and sends to different consumers. Does anyone have effective examples of smth similar?

don't think so, I tend to use a separate loader with rail for individual items going to different locations.  

It is possible to make a hub with one sweeper and lots of loaders to sort items but it will use lots of power and depending on your computer will be hard on your FPS

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

don't think so, I tend to use a separate loader with rail for individual items going to different locations.  

It is possible to make a hub with one sweeper and lots of loaders to sort items but it will use lots of power and depending on your computer will be hard on your FPS

I know critter's path processing loads CPU decently, but sweeper too? Surprisingly. Will wait with it at least until EU release.

Can one rail carry items going to different destinations?  I started playing with conveyors this play through, I'm impressed with the time saved with coal from ranches straight to the coal burners and from the farm straight to the grill!

Archived