[Game Update] - 277795

• Developer

The Gorge and The Gorge Tournament have come to an end. 

Thanks to all who participated in The Gorge Tournament!  We will be posting some stats and results, and distributing prizes by the end of tomorrow.

We got a lot of great feedback, and hopefully we will be doing more events like this in the future.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash sometimes when shutting down a dedicated server on Linux.

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, ZomBKiller said:

I wish my team didnt abandon me for another chef on the last day. They got bronze without me and left me in the dirt. >:(

i added you but you didnt accept :/

I'm going into hibernation now. I don't think I can look at the crockpot the same way ever again.

(also, now I need to make up for all the lost time which I could have spent doing something productive . _ . 10/10 would do it again. thanks devs for the awesome event!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Ah so that's why I got kicked out of my game to get never satisfied halfway through. Therefore preventing me from getting every achievement in the game and coming so gosh darn close...

I'm saltier than a salt rack rn...

why Klei why must you torture me like this...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Remps said:

i added you but you didnt accept :/

Oh yeah I forgot u friended me, but even If I accepted I'd still have to teach you my whole strategy. Maybe we can team for next event.

8 minutes ago, ZomBKiller said:

I wish my team didnt abandon me for another chef on the last day. They got silver without me and left me in the dirt. >:(

The same story bro but with gold. I know your pain, bro. :(

Just now, ZomBKiller said:

Oh yeah I forgot u friended me, but even If I accepted I'd still have to teach you my whole strategy. Maybe we can team for next event.

once we placed top 100 with over than 5k point but after other players gotten over than 5400 and placed :D 

It was a nice event, I can't wait to hear about the next one! (It'll be a long time till then I'm afraid, but oh well...)

20 minutes ago, Mr Pig said:

Ah so that's why I got kicked out of my game to get never satisfied halfway through. Therefore preventing me from getting every achievement in the game and coming so gosh darn close...

I'm saltier than a salt rack rn...

why Klei why must you torture me like this...

The end date was announced in advance, even the hour too, you cannot blame Klei for not informing you in time. 

Thank you Klei for the amazing event!

From beta test I didn't think it would be an interesting event, my main goal was basically... Win, get level, get chests and have fun playing with new people.

As soon as the thought of "climbing leaderboard" came to my mind everything got changed. New stuff, new recipes, new strategies and new ways of playing the event that once was a farming routine just to get those wonderful skins (yeah, they are REALLY beautiful). The event became much better in my eyes, I saw more possibilities and more ways to "play" with 70 recipes given. It was really fun to try out new dishes in order to become better at this event.

When more achievements got released finally there appeared some kind of challenge for players that are already good at the event. I am sure players had fun trying to complete them. Come to think of it... The goal of the event is to satisfy Gnaw, and in order to get an achievement you had to win without satisfying any cravings :D 

Tournament was the last step. You've completed all new achievements with ease? Game doesn't give you a good challenge? Tournament is where you can show everything you're capable of. I guess I don't even have to mention how it has changed the playstyle of experienced players. Players now have to use half of the whole recipe book! Search for optimal ways to stay competitive and have fun becoming better in process.

Eventually I met a lot of new people, made new friends and had a lot of fun taking everything from the event. Keep up the great work Klei!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1