The Technological Update: My ideas for new features

Here are my ideas for the new update, hopefully, you like them:

Overseeing Machine:

Features a map of the whole base, allowing you to see the base, by clicking on the place twice where you want to move the camera will do it, for red alerts you would need this thing too, and you could also click on a duplicant list to get more options about them, and switch into "individual duplicant mode" which will make you see things from the duplicants point of view, and allow you get infinite control over them, you could walk, and perform jobs and things with them, and this could make overall management much easier, but it definitely needs a better name

Resources and requirements:

500 Raw Metal

Effects:

+1 Decor for one tile radius

Electricity

----------------------------------------------

Necromancy Table:

Could heal dead people if they are put into it, after healed, their skills would go down to the basic value they started from, and they would become narcoleptic, even if they were not one

Resources and requirements

400 Raw Metal

20 Abysallite

1 Resolving stone (new material that would be found near the surface)

Electricity

4 Fertilizer

-------------------------------------------------------------

Manipulator:

Would allow us to manipulate the duplicants properties

40 Oxylite

40 Abysallite

1 Resolving stone

Electricity

An shinebug nymph egg

-------------------------------

Bookshelf

Reading books on the shelf would increase learning skill and the progress at their job, but they cant do this infinitely, you could increase 15 percent on tier 1, 10 percent on tier 2, and only 5 percent on tier 3, it would have a 4 cycle cooldown too after a duplicants learning boost ends

Resources:

100 Sandstone

------------------------------

So developers, these where my ideas I hope you liked it, and if so, please add it into the game

2 hours ago, Mattheww said:

Here are my ideas for the new update, hopefully, you like them:

Overseeing Machine:

Features a map of the whole base, allowing you to see the base, by clicking on the place twice where you want to move the camera will do it, you could also click on a duplicant list to get more options about them, and switch into "individual duplicant mode" which will make you see things from the duplicants point of view, and allow you get infinite control over them, you could walk, and perform jobs and things with them, and this could make overall management much easier, but it definitely needs a better name

500 Raw Metal

Effects:

+1 Decor for one tile radius

Electricity

----------------------------------------------

Organic Rehabilitator:

Could heal dead people if they are put into it, after healed, their skills would go down to the basic value they started from, and they would become narcoleptic, even if they were not one

Resources and requirements

400 Raw Metal

20 Abysallite

1 Resolving stone (new material that would be found near the surface)

Electricity

4 Fertilizer

-------------------------------------------------------------

Manipulator:

Would allow us to manipulate the duplicants properties

40 Oxylite

40 Abysallite

1 Resolving stone

Electricity

An shinebug nymph egg

-------------------------------

Removal of the pitcher pump:

I think it is the most controversial thing in the game, it made the game a lot harder, and just collecting the water with their multitool made more sense 

too, and so because this is still not the official release, so why dont just remove it?

--------------------

So developers, these where my ideas I hope you liked it, and if so, please add it into the game

-1 because i like pitcher pumps.

9 hours ago, Oozinator said:

The reason I dont like it because it make s the game a rush for new players, thats why Im still playing the agricultural update. because I really just cant start a colony like that

9 hours ago, Oozinator said:

The reason I dont like it because it make s the game a rush for new players, thats why Im still playing the agricultural update. because I really just cant start a colony like that

Its just so different

Just now, Mattheww said:

Its just so different

I don't understand the problem ^^

Just now, Oozinator said:

Building a pitcher pump is not so complicated and it works nice.
I liked the AU too, but you miss a lot of things.

What I like to do is start a world in AU, collect a bunch of resources, and then load the world in a new version

Just now, Oozinator said:

Many changes, to many, to count them.

Know, thats why I would not update to the lastest, Im an old player returning too, so I need to practice the game mechanics again before starting a CU world

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

Overseeing machine / mapview +1
Organic Rehabilitator / mhhh -1 because easy
Manipulator / - 1 because to easy
:)

Okay, red alert would also require overseeing machine in theory but I forgot to write that, and resolving stone would be extremely rare, but I was really tired when writing

It would always generate in a single piece and never in veins, but Im not forcing you to agree

19 hours ago, Mattheww said:

Organic Rehabilitator:

That's a Necromancer:o

3 hours ago, DreamApart said:

That's a Necromancer:o

xD, We found a new name for it: Necromancy Table, it would add a little Dont Starve twist too, which is I think pretty good indeed

4 hours ago, Alfons100 said:

Simply put, the Pitcher Pump is there so they won't accidentally pick up water from some other place you need it like a machine which needs cooling. I think it's best if the Pitcher Pump stays.

I did not know that, but it is good, finally I understand why it was added, now I agree

Archived