Room problems

Any idea why this is not counted as a room? I actually had a door above the 3rd farm tile in the bottom left and it was a room.... and I tried removing it, since the room was still big enough, but now it's not counted as a room at all? Room size should be 91 :confused:

5b4e21751c311_noroomsize91.thumb.png.b2a6e38cde6f054d655dfdf63bd1624c.png

about a month back there was a bug report because someone used sealed rooms, no doors, transit tube entry/exit.  Search doesn't dig through bug reports.

Tooltips can be outdated........ if you don't believe me mouse over critters temperature.

The space is small enough to be a room and it is indeed enclosed on all sides so it should be a room, its a bug, file a bug report please.  @Grimgaw I don't need dev insight to know that bug reports generate dev insight.
Inconsistent or unexpected results should be repaired.  Unknowns should be brought to light.  Reports are how this is achieved.

And there you have it - now it's a room! Notice that it's 85 tiles, so even if I have no door it should be 91 - a valid room. Above it didn't even say that the area is enclosed(e.g. a room of size 110). It might be 1 of those vacuum bugs where the game thinks a tile is vacuum.

I had this earlier and destroyed the door, now I'll try filling 1 of the corners on the left, I guess the game doesn't like corners.

image.thumb.png.32ca682ae5555b78fec260073be245cc.png

Still no room ... next step would be to deconstruct the farm tiles? Maybe one of the farm tiles is an issue.

image.thumb.png.bb7680f501a5459296d9106a9c792bbd.png

But the door worked when I had a door on the left! ... hm ... it worked ... :D  I even rebuilt the farm tile. Now the question is why did the game recognize the room when I had the door on the left earlier? I'll also try to move the door up/down and see where it stops recognizing it

image.thumb.png.c3a086ec0c698ac2789ed1a9c037330e.png

image.thumb.png.b6c8e258473fc5945bbcce900aef7307.png

3 hours ago, TOOK14 said:

I think it IS because the game doesn't recognize the tops and bottoms of doors as boundaries for rooms.  I also think you should submit a bug report.

the upper room had the side of the door in it, the lower room had no sides of doors in it.

37 minutes ago, martosss said:

image.thumb.png.32ca682ae5555b78fec260073be245cc.png

3 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

the upper room had the side of the door in it, the lower room had no sides of doors in it.

1 picture is worth 1000 words :D  same room, counts, I have a door on the left ... go figure ... the top right door didn't change !

Here's what I did next .. start moving the door up ... doesn't work. Should be a valid Greenhouse of size 92.

image.thumb.png.6d049808660a0d955c7921accdc91723.png

you have a new door with its side making the room a room, notice the little space on the other side is classed as a room also though not a greenhouse.  Sides of doors make rooms, not bottoms, I posted a bug report.

Ah, I just noticed this - it turns out I had many other unrecognized "rooms" of size 1: Note the space between the "floors", enclosed by 2 doors. So the top of the door also doesn't count as "room material".

image.thumb.png.be7c6c5e73d23ac877908a20be4e39cf.png

15 hours ago, Kabrute said:

rooms should no longer require a door because transit tubes can be used to enter and exit "sealed" rooms.  File a bug report please.

They still don't recognise it as a room :( my ranches that use tubes have a sealed door cuz of this. The devs did say it was an error though

On 7/17/2018 at 11:41 AM, Grimgaw said:

Read the tooltip in @martosss screenshot again. Unless you have some dev insight you want to share, it's not a bug.

Are you giving us dev insight? Or are you giving us English lessons?

Because if you're not a dev and claiming this is not a bug based on the tooltip, then it requires multiple doors. And since I have a counter-example that rooms requires "doors" instead of "a door", there's either a bug in the tooltip, or a bug in the room designator. And that picture is a perfect example of the bug.

Archived