Solar energy support

To protect my solar panels, I build some steel doors above them and im using the automation to close them when a meteor shower begins. The problem is that the doors open before the meteor shower dries up and eventually some panels are damaged, interrupting the production of energy; Another problem is all the sand that falls on the panels when the doors open. Everything under the doors is buried, also interrupting the production of energy. It is very annoying to repair or dig the sand after every meteor shower. Have you thought about creating logical doors to give orders to the dupes? And please make the signal sent by the meteor sensor (I dont remember the name) keep the doors closed until the last meteor fall.

13 hours ago, Ambaire said:

The real problem is that the meteor showers are about ten times as intense as they should be. I feel like the dev team is charging ahead to new features without properly balancing the existing ones.

i see. i hope to have a solution in the next upgrade. right now im done with solar energy.

21 hours ago, Johash said:

The problem is that the doors open before the meteor shower dries up and eventually some panels are damaged

You can use filter gates to prevent that.

21 hours ago, Johash said:

Another problem is all the sand that falls on the panels when the doors open.

Yea that`s annoying. We all hope for auto dig, auto sweep and auto mop zones next patch.

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

You can use filter gates to prevent that.

Yea that`s annoying. We all hope for auto dig, auto sweep and auto mop zones next patch.

what are filter gates?

4 hours ago, Johash said:

what are filter gates?

Screenshot_36.png.c5898ff90e7acf40470eb8a7168cca1a.png

A while ago someone asks about the solar panel in general discussion. You might want to take a look at it, not too much outdated I guess

3 hours ago, abud said:

Screenshot_36.png.c5898ff90e7acf40470eb8a7168cca1a.png

A while ago someone asks about the solar panel in general discussion. You might want to take a look at it, not too much outdated I guess

Not much helpfull. Im already using automation to close/open the doors in order to protect the panels. What i dont understand is why the doors open before the meteor shower ends. I tryed to use those permeable tiles to prevent the regolith, but the meteors damage them as well =/ 

1 minute ago, Johash said:

What i dont understand is why the doors open before the meteor shower ends.

Are you playing on Expression update preview or Cosmic build? Because in cosmic, I never experienced doors open before they stop. Mind to share a screenshot of your automation? In expression, so far no such thing, but high probability because I didn't play long enough in EU preview.

11 minutes ago, abud said:

Are you playing on Expression update preview or Cosmic build? Because in cosmic, I never experienced doors open before they stop. Mind to share a screenshot of your automation? In expression, so far no such thing, but high probability because I didn't play long enough in EU preview.

Im playing in Cosmic build. If its working fine in expression preview i think they improved the scaner.

Powered bunker doors need 38.2 seconds to open/close, your scanner network needs to detect before that. How long pre-warning time for that scanner? For 2 scanner at 100% dish quality, it is 67s to 200s, Scanner that too close (at least 15 tiles) to heavy machinery (including other scanners and solar panels) will have reduced dish quality.

2 hours ago, Hedning1390 said:

Actually, as soon as the bunker doors start to change state they are solid. I have had meteors impact on the open part and not pass, and have material seemingly hanging in air.

That's good news, I never tried myself what happens when bunker doors half open / half closed. There should be no problem for most players if that the case.

Although, I still want fully closed when the meteor comes on mine. Because if they managed to pass, all builds underneath will be shattered. I will pretty sad if that happens.

2 hours ago, Hedning1390 said:

Actually, as soon as the bunker doors start to change state they are solid. I have had meteors impact on the open part and not pass, and have material seemingly hanging in air.

you certainly are using expression preview, right? im still in cosmic upgrade and the meteors pass through the open part.

Archived