Irritating Problem With Anim/Build Files

So, I've been working on a mod with a friend. I'm building him a character, and this character uses a yoyo as a weapon. Yeup.

Anyway. The item works. It does what I want. It's great. Apart from the fact it's totally invisible, but only when on the ground and in hand. Just saying, the yoyo uses textures from another mod that closely resembles a whip, and I'm using the whip build and anim for this.

I've already looked around on the forums for help on this, but I'm just not getting it and I'm a bit of a newbie to this, so uhh... I guess that I should've expected to run into problems when I started.

And yeah, I used Build Renamer to rename the build files. I renamed the stuff in the .anim files and the .xml files too.

It's probably just some noob mistake, but after 5 straight hours (minus a break to get a drink), I'm getting pretty desperate.

I've attached the related files but removed thing that (probably) aren't related apart from modmain. Thanks in advance, person who is reading.

P.S. I'm scared of putting things in the wrong place. If this post is in the wrong place (I've done it before), please tell me where it goes for future reference.

Edit: If there's anything else needed, tell me and I'll upload it too. Thanks!

Character.zip

Edited by Edgeircanine428
Adding Sentence

I'm not really familiar with swap anim or override symbol. As far as i know it should be something like this :

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("the symbol you want to override", "the build name", "the anim name")

So maybe something like :

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_yoyo", "swap_whipline")
	owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("whipline", "yoyo", "whipline")

But i'm not sure about it. If you have the original code of the item you are copying it coulds help. I would suggest to create a clean anim in spriter, but i'm not familial with the names you should have and it's probably complex to do...

Ah. I see. I wasn't using an essential file before. But your override symbol didn't affect the visibility of the weapon.

I took a look at the game's file for the tail o' three cats, and this is what it looks like:

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_whip", "swap_whip")
    owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("whipline", "swap_whip", "whipline")

I have *This* --> [NONE] much experience with spriter, so I guess now's the time to learn.

Thanks anyway, Lumina. (:

Edited by Edgeircanine428
Adding Sentences and code snippet