Cleanup slider for the outhouse

Since now the dupes will go and pee at the same time, it means more bathrooms to sustain the flow. We all agree on this.

But there is one problem: Let's say you have a base with 10 duplicants and 4 outhouses, each of them when cleaned having 15 visits. Nothing wrong. But, if on one cycle all of them have 2 visits remaining, the first 8 will go and the last two will pee on the floor. I do not think that adding more bathrooms is the solution here.

Instead, I would like to see on the outhouse either a slider (like for the sensor) or an input zone (like on the storage) to say when the outhouse should ask for a cleanup. Maybe I could decide that when it goes below 3, even if it still can be used, it should be cleaned by the next dupe available.

Something that would make all of this much more easier to manage while still keeping the intent in mind and have break where everyone goes to the bathroom at the same time :)

In the cosmic upgrade, I have my dupes' bathroom times spaced out so only one ever needs to go at the same time, barring cycle shifts with exosuit usage.

Good idea, though. Would be useful. Since I discovered that dupes can't get food poisoning from breathing in contaminated oxygen, I haven't been bothering with plumbed bathrooms.

e. VVVVVVVVVV Hence why I specified 'In the cosmic upgrade'. ;)

Be ready as in the Expression Upgrade, everyone go to eat and pee at the same time every day. They just do not do it the rest of the day, except when starving or for dupes with small bladder.

This is for that release, that can be tested, that I have proposed this idea.

2 hours ago, Yannick Vachon said:

I would like to see on the outhouse either a slider (like for the sensor) or an input zone (like on the storage) to say when the outhouse should ask for a cleanup.

This would be a good solution to automate cleaning the outhouses. Otherwise you would have to manuallt order the cleanup every few cycles.

Archived