How the Gorge could be implemented on regular DST

It probably won't since apparently no mechanics where implemented from The Forge, but since Mumsy says she'll follow right after with Billy, we can expect something.

Coins:

Would be given by the Pig King  along with the usual Gold Nuggets.

Mumsy and Billy

Would live somewhere in the map. Maybe by the Florid Postern? Who knows. Billy and Her would keep on selling their stuff.

That pink biome

You know how there are 2 Decidious Forest biomes? Take one off and add Candy Land!

Elder Pig, Salt Ponds and the seed-selling-Merms

All of those would now live in the Marsh and keep up with their respective roles

Dishes

Except for the Meatballs, I think all dishes should be added and given hunger/health/sanity values. Those values would get a small boost when plated.

It's not very convenient, since most content would be fairly distant from one another, but then again this is a survival game and shouldn't be convenient; even so, hear me out:

New content: players have been craving for new content. A New Reign feels like a long time ago and this seems like a good opportunity to keep the game fresh.

Don't Stave: The Gorge's content gives further depth to the basic need that the game's named after. Making food becomes more complex and fun!

Farms: Everybody knows farms are very expensive to produce and you can obtain similar and better results with cheaper alternatives (bird cage, monster meat, berry bushes and ice). Having new seeds, cooking stations and dishes that depend on certain farm vegetables (and Gorge's cooking stations) would give farms   new purpose. 

12 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I actually wouldn't mind the candy biome to replace one of the birch biomes, it has lots of nice colours not used anywhere in the base game.

The nuggets to coin thing though isn't something I would like changed.

I figure the Pig King would reward both nuggets and coins. I believe it was in the Hallowed Nights event that the PK would reward some candy along with the usual Gold Nuggets. All in all, you'd be getting the coins as an extra, not as replacement for the Gold.

As fun and cool as it sounds... it'll probably never happen. And not even because it'd be too hard for developers but because of lore.

I'm pretty sure that events are canon. So as of now the lore looks something like this:

-Don't Starve singleplayer

-Cyclum puzzle

-Dst

-Forge

-Gorge 

As we can see in the Gorge trailer our characters went there right after the Forge.

I'm almost certain that developers are planning Big Event 3 somewhere in the future. This means that Mumsy and Billy will go to Big Event 3 with our characters. Unless devs are planning something.

Oh and btw we don't know if pigs and merms also went through the Gateway. Also I don't think The Gateway is capable of teleporting whole forests and such.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Also I don't think The Gateway is capable of teleporting whole forests and such.

This can easily be explained away by having someone on the throne. If Charlie wanted to add in a sugarwood forest, then there's not much stopping her. 

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I'm almost certain that developers are planning Big Event 3 somewhere in the future. This means that Mumsy and Billy will go to Big Event 3 with our characters. Unless devs are planning something.

unknown.png
unknown.png
The survivors are on their way back to the constant, not immediately to big event 3.

Just now, JellyUltra said:

unknown.png
The survivors are on their way back to the constant, not immediately to big event 3.

I rather understand it as "If you fail, you will never go home. If you can escape, you might get home... at some point." So the surviours are on their way to home, but during this way they'll have to get through event 3 (and who knows what else more). That's how I imagine it.

21 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I rather understand it as "If you fail, you will never go home. If you can escape, you might get home... at some point." So the surviours are on their way to home, but during this way they'll have to get through event 3 (and who knows what else more). That's how I imagine it.

While I agree with most of what's said here, I personally think that Wolfgang, Wigfrid, and Willow will be the one's to be take part in event 3 via canon. Of course it's possible the Gorge group could meet up with them, if Klei decides to make the next event 6 player again.

What I want from Gorge is the recipe book interface for current in-game recipes. I think its a valuable thing that will not only help newer players who are learning the crockpot, it could help players like me who have a hard time remembering all the recipes and encourage me to eat a more diverse palate rather than the limited one I currently have.

1 hour ago, AnitaCoffee said:

I've seen it in pubs fairly often.

Edit: Oh and on Wendy, honey is pretty easy to come by.

Honey Hams, pierogies and eggs&bacon are the best choices and yes, there is nothing to grow besides dragon fruit

yea as someone who's played/guided a lot of wendy's you can end up with literal metric tons of honey in a few trips, at that point it's just a matter of trying to use up the copious amounts of honey filling your fridges

similar scenario to living near the ruins and ending up with infinite morsels/bananas because you occasionally go for a walk

Archived