Why can't my dupes reach this?

Hi. I had been wondering for a while why my dupes are not building this secondary bathroom, but it seems they cannot reach it for some reason. The room setup is similar to many of my other rooms which work fine. In the attached screenshot, I have had the door manually opened.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, or is this just bugged somehow?

Don't judge me, I am terrible at managing heat, gases and base planning)

20180715021127_1.jpg

Try clicking on one of the orders and checking the info box - is it "unreachable build"? If so, just try canceling something and planning it again or just give them a dig order... or destroy the door :D  I've had this happen to me several times with hatches - 1 hatch is locked, I set it to auto .. they just don't want to change it ... I have to set the other one to OPEN and then they come... but in your case even if the door is on open they can't pass :confused: Try setting the door to auto ? I think the issue is with bad(unupdated) pathing

Have you tried deconstructing the Door?  Your screenshot with pathing seems to indicate that, for some reason, the Dupe in question is not able to leave the Ladder and enter the Door to reach the dig site.  Which is...  strange.  So start with the Door, see what happens.

If that doesn't do it, then I would assume that Promethien has it correct, and the Dupe task assignment bit in the code is just being ornery and refusing to cooperate.

I have seen it happen every once in a while, usually with a new door.  The door is constructed and just opens itself,

then it shows as open but blocks pathing as if it was locked.  Also if you open the door menu, none of the 3 options

are highlighted (open, auto, lock).  I think it got a corrupted flag setting.  Normally either a save/load or just manually

cycling the door to locked and back to either open or auto will also fix the issue.

I had a similar bug yesterday. My dupes got stuck in a room with the door open. After i deconstructed it and one tile above it a phantom block of sand appeared. Apparently it got stuck somewhere in between while it was falling and it obstruced movement.

I've found that just digging areas out first works better, as the diggers seem to sub-prioritise digging a tile out that has a construction item on it..

You might find a quick save/load might fix this also.

Look in the Jobs menu(J). I was trying to set priorities right and there is "construction dig" as well as normal dig order. If you hover over the Build and Dig categories in the top list, you can see that "construction dig"  is under both "build" and "dig" categories.

My question would be then "why doesn't construction dig start sooner if I set dig priority high?"

Delivering materials and digging the hole are 2 totally parallelizable tasks.

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

You probably had the door set to one way (the arrows on the top)

If the door is in state "open", it disregards all other permissions and everyone(including critters) can pass through. That means everything can pass through his door.

8 minutes ago, martosss said:

That means everything can pass through his door.

Sry bro, but NO!
You have to be more precise, because an elephant could never pass through it.
When Klei adds elephants into ONI, i am wrong.
Has nothing to do with the size of the object, when it's not in the game, it can not pass the door.
Easy!

Archived