Expression upgrade bathroom scuffle

With the introduction to "break time" dupes now wait till the designated time to both use the bathroom and eat food.

Unfortunately this results in dupes waiting in line to use the bathroom when full causing dropped food in the mess halls.

Does this mean we need to have assigned outhouses and lavatories like we do with the beds and mess tables?

I posted a bug on the matter but I would like to hear opinions from other players as well. 

Fix bug or build more bathrooms?

5b4a232334bd2_dropfood.thumb.png.7b27ff0014905a7f1151058257965f66.png

1 minute ago, Miravlix said:

Not really the game's problem if you don't want to play optimally.

Depends on how realistic the Devs want the game to be

Name an office building, construction site, school, or any structure in the real world that has the same amount of bathrooms as the people who use it?

My dupes is in ExoSuits when out working, always bothered me they couldn't pee in them and had to do the annoying run all the way back to base.

Now I get a sweet challenge of needing more toilets and no more travel stupidity during work hours, it's the perfect solution.

I prefer using shared toilets like before EU. But if Klei insists on current scheduling limitation, then it means we just to adapt like your solution with assigned toilets. Actually, I even prefer mess hall to be assigned to public :p

Honestly, I just playing EU for a few hours. Loading a saved game from pre-EU is a big hassle. Not to mention huge lag for a big colony, but many changes (like needs way more toilets) sometimes has space problems. There is always dupe wetting their pants on my colony, because 2 toilets for 16 dupes :D

I will back to EU after 1-2 updates, I hope they refine these schedule problem in few days. At least I want to assign time slot so they can break in turns.

14 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

My dupes is in ExoSuits when out working, always bothered me they couldn't pee in them and had to do the annoying run all the way back to base.

Afaik exo suits used to reduce the bladder change to 0. Meaning that dupes did not have to pee at all, while wearing a exo suit.

5 minutes ago, blash365 said:
21 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Afaik exo suits used to reduce the bladder change to 0. Meaning that dupes did not have to pee at all, while wearing a exo suit.

If nothing changed a (normal) duplicant without any traits will reduce their need to self relief while wearing an exo suit

13 minutes ago, blash365 said:

that use to make sense, reminds me of how NASA astronauts used the bathroom while suited up :D

On that note it would be both funny and realistic if exosuit docks had a liquid pipe out for removing PW from suits that dupes had peed in

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

On that note it would be both funny and realistic if exosuit docks had a liquid pipe out for removing PW from suits that dupes had peed in

Would love that, just give the exo suit a little water tank ;)

(Could even be a negative quality of life effect, if a duplicant was forced to pee in their own suit)

With the current style of displaying the different times of day (On the clock => global ), it seems we will not have different times for different dupes.

=> We can´t schedule our dupes to achieve close to 100% uptime for a toilet ;)

But if you can prolong the bathroom time you can reduce the "dupe to toilet ratio"

From what I have seen, you need more bathrooms at the start since your duplicants are slower. As they train and get more athletics, they are able to use them in turn during a break-time. Still, if all of them need cleaning up (for outhouse) all at once, you will have a big mess.

Still, I have noticed the following elements right now during this upgrade:

• Duplicants will mostly change jobs during the "morning" phase even if you assigned them during the rest of the day
  • They will use bathrooms and eat during their break, sometimes doing this at the start of the night if they were far away
  • They will try to rush getting a shower in the morning phase

So, overall, depending on how you play, it *may* means more bathrooms and more showers than before.

I've just completely scrapped my fancy Bathroom design and replaced it with a 63 sized room with 4 Sinks and 6 Lavatories.

Works surprising well, all twelve can use the bathroom on their side of the base without causing enough traffic that it activates my checkpoint.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

that use to make sense, reminds me of how NASA astronauts used the bathroom while suited up :D

Yes, that idea has cross my mind as well!

22 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

With the current style of displaying the different times of day (On the clock => global ), it seems we will not have different times for different dupes.

If you read kleis post carefully, then you will notice that they specifically asked for feedback about the changes.

Asking for different schedules for different dupes would be such feedback.

On 12.7.2018 at 8:53 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

If you're interested, you can help us test this new content for the next two weeks before it goes live. As always we appreciate your feedback, so please share your thoughts and opinions on the Suggestions Forum. Thank-you!

and

21 minutes ago, blash365 said:
40 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If you read kleis post carefully, then you will notice that they specifically asked for feedback about the changes.

Asking for different schedules for different dupes would be such feedback.

I didn´t want to deny that it will/could be changed or will be implemented in an other way.

Just wanted to say it could be that way (and I like this kind of implementation).

(I don´t think an own time schedule for each dupe would be a good thing if you consider how dupes prioritize their work)

7 hours ago, Miravlix said:

Now I get a sweet challenge of needing more toilets and no more travel stupidity during work hours, it's the perfect solution.

Is it really a challenge though?  Early game, sure, the outhouses have to be cleaned and supplied and that requires careful management.  But mid to late game I don't think slapping down a few extra lavatories and connecting them to your plumbing system is all that high a hurdle to clear.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

Is it really a challenge though?  Early game, sure, the outhouses have to be cleaned and supplied and that requires careful management.  But mid to late game I don't think slapping down a few extra lavatories and connecting them to your plumbing system is all that high a hurdle to clear.

that's not the problem we are discussing, the issue is not cleaning bathrooms it's when all dupes try using the bathrooms at the same time in EU

5 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

that's not the problem we are discussing, the issue is not cleaning bathrooms it's when all dupes try using the bathrooms at the same time in EU

I know.  @Miravlix is proposing that the solution to the problem (all dupes trying to use the bathroom at the same time) is to build more bathrooms, ensuring that every dupe has somewhere to go when it's time for the bathroom scuffle.  I'm questioning whether or not this is the solution we need.  I personally don't find outhouse/lavatory spam an elegant solution to the problem.  I've said in other topics that the best solution, in my opinion, is to allow us to individualize each dupe's schedule so we can avoid the bathroom scuffle in the first place.

Archived