An idea for end game

I know there has been a lot of talk about some sort of ending, and I just wanted to throw my idea out there. 

Im thinking something like DS. At the end of the tech tree, you can build some sort of rocket/portal, and start something like DS's "Story mode". Every new asteroid would have some different challenge to it, like frozen world, multiple mini-asteroids, something like that. At the beggining of each new level, you could maybe get some sort of intercom from Earth, encouraging you to go back. Perhaps the end of the game would lead you right back to earth, where the end would be your dupes meating their human counterparts or something. 

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? 

i have a feeling the ending will be progressive. Instead of playing a map, finding the answer and calling it a day, every map will have clues on how to reverse the specific printer for that map, and will send the dupes to another asteroid. And each asteroid will have a clue for the true end game. Basically, hopping asteroids looking for the final answer. Asteroids will be random, while being generated through an algorithm that will make them harder at each hop. And each asteroid will have certain objectives, which will require exploration. 

Just a guess.

1 minute ago, DyingCrow said:

i have a feeling the ending will be progressive. Instead of playing a map, finding the answer and calling it a day, every map will have clues on how to reverse the specific printer for that map, and will send the dupes to another asteroid. And each asteroid will have a clue for the true end game. Basically, hopping asteroids looking for the final answer. Asteroids will be random, while being generated through an algorithm that will make them harder at each hop. And each asteroid will have certain objectives, which will require exploration. 

Just a guess.

Perhaps it could be a bit of both?

I would prefer that it is you make some device to escape that requires monstrous amounts of metal, power, and has a long start up time that causes a lot of Co2 you have to deal with. 

One gimmick should be that, when you begin the proccess, the Printing pod shuts off, so if you lose somebody, you won’t be getting new ones. So there is a risk in it.

10 hours ago, Alfons100 said:

I would prefer that it is you make some device to escape that requires monstrous amounts of metal, power, and has a long start up time that causes a lot of Co2 you have to deal with. 

One gimmick should be that, when you begin the proccess, the Printing pod shuts off, so if you lose somebody, you won’t be getting new ones. So there is a risk in it.

I dunno. I think that's just a bit too... abrupt. You finish the tech tree, you get some materials, gasses, and boom! games over! That just seems a bit underwhelming, in my opinion.

54 minutes ago, mr peeps said:

I dunno. I think that's just a bit too... abrupt. You finish the tech tree, you get some materials, gasses, and boom! games over! That just seems a bit underwhelming, in my opinion.

Think of it like Factorio, it's a *grand* project, the amount of consumption it will need to kickstart may lead to the death of a colony. 

1 hour ago, Alfons100 said:

Think of it like Factorio, it's a *grand* project, the amount of consumption it will need to kickstart may lead to the death of a colony. 

But with factorio, its exceedingly difficult to do so. Like, 100's of hours. With Oni, research is pretty quick, and the rocket would just take a lot of resources. Maybe, It could be a super expensive rocket and then go to another asteroid with some extra difficulties, to which you would continue to earth or humans or something? Maybe you just need to refuel at these other asteroids or something? Who knows! "The top of the universe is the limit"

I would like the end game mode to activate as soon as you finish the last research. A pop up will appear signaling the invasion of aliens. Your duplicants will have to give them 3,714,061,154,840 tons of oxygen to populate their alien planet.

Once you accomplished those task you will either

A. have a sense of victory.

B. finally understand why this game is called oxygen not included because you just gave away all your oxygen to the alien worms!

48 minutes ago, iron8 said:

I would like the end game mode to activate as soon as you finish the last research. A pop up will appear signaling the invasion of aliens. Your duplicants will have to give them 3,714,061,154,840 tons of oxygen to populate their alien planet.

Once you accomplished those task you will either

A. have a sense of victory.

B. finally understand why this game is called oxygen not included because you just gave away all your oxygen to the alien worms!

Yeah, but finishing the research doesnt take long. It would only make the game around 3-4 hours to complete. What I like about my idea is that it adds a lot of time to the game. Who knows!

I’d love a story mode ONI! Personally I haven’t played the alternate worldgen maps, but they look really fun.

Looking out past the planet, there are many more asteroids out there!

Also, if we return to the planet, perhaps it would be extremely hostile. That could provide a unique challenge.

5 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

I’d love a story mode ONI! Personally I haven’t played the alternate worldgen maps, but they look really fun.

Looking out past the planet, there are many more asteroids out there!

Also, if we return to the planet, perhaps it would be extremely hostile. That could provide a unique challenge.

My idea is that each new asteroid was different; as in maybe one is super hot, maybe another is split apart. Who knows! There is tons of options!

On 7/14/2018 at 11:14 PM, mr peeps said:

Yeah, but finishing the research doesnt take long. It would only make the game around 3-4 hours to complete. What I like about my idea is that it adds a lot of time to the game. Who knows!

ok i acknowledge you! your is fun to work with.

Archived