Hello,

I just had an idea while writing my other post: to make the hydrofan work, you need water and a duplicant. (And I'm sure other buildings don't have any water input other by bottles.) So why not make a machine that takes some water and output water bottle?

Duplicants would go there, take the water bottle and go make their business (why not using automation and conveyors to send water, too?), while the machine creates a new bottle.

Because that would make the manual version completely irrelevant. Past research, mealwood, and maybe terrariums, i cant remember of any other use for the pitcher pump. And it only takes 2 seconds, its dirt cheap to use, and requires no power. And the animations are cute :)

6 hours ago, DyingCrow said:

Because that would make the manual version completely irrelevant. Past research, mealwood, and maybe terrariums, i cant remember of any other use for the pitcher pump. And it only takes 2 seconds, its dirt cheap to use, and requires no power. And the animations are cute :)

It would allow for making quantum stockpiles of bottles too where your entire tank is just a single hole in the ground that the bottles get dropped into with some automation. No more concerns for tank materials vs max pressure contained...

9 hours ago, QuantumFlux said:

It would allow for making quantum stockpiles of bottles too where your entire tank is just a single hole in the ground that the bottles get dropped into with some automation. No more concerns for tank materials vs max pressure contained...

You make a good point there, but would be a bit cheaty imo. Im not sure if water in bottles can actually be cooled, bu if so, it'd be a total hack.

3 minutes ago, DyingCrow said:

You make a good point there, but would be a bit cheaty imo. Im not sure if water in bottles can actually be cooled, bu if so, it'd be a total hack.

Pretty sure it can, the bottles (or rather their contents) are just an item with a temperature, a freeze and a melt point to the game afaik.

Just to be clearer, I think that auto-bottler should bottle one bottle at a time, then wait for it to be taken. Otherwise, it would be clearly "a bit cheaty" (as DyingCrow said) as you could create a tank one tile big that holds an "infinite" quantity of liquid (as QuantumFlux suggested).

But I'm sure we'll be able to use it to make that tank if they add it :p

Archived