Planting flower for bee box

Hi guys,

Do you ever accidentally picking up the flowers where you planted for bee box? As it's time consuming to look for butterfly and catch them by bug net, I would like to suggest that for flowers which we planted, no longer able to just picking up as usual, but would be able to be removed by using shovel.

What do you think?  

That sounds nice, but it might be a bit tricky with the coding to differentiate from normal flowers and flowers planted by the players. I'm not entirely sure as I'm no programmer.

Perhaps they could add a flower bed structure in which you can plant a flower and it'll grow into multiple flowers eventually? This structure wouldn't allow players to be able to pick the flowers and must be hammered to get the petals instead.

That should make it easy enough to stop careless players from picking bee box flowers.

2 hours ago, Extant said:

That sounds nice, but it might be a bit tricky with the coding to differentiate from normal flowers and flowers planted by the players. I'm not entirely sure as I'm no programmer.

It sounds fairly simple actually. Pretty much just copy/paste the code for flowers and make a "flowers2". Adjust it so it's harvested by shovels and not picked by hand. Then make butterflies plant the new "flowers2" instead of the standard ones. 

Or I'm sure someone more familiar with lua and DST might have a more elegant solution.

Archived