[HELP] my custom biome is invisible

i'm trying to learn how to code world generation, but since i didn't have any luck with the guides here (even after updating to the newer format),
i'm trying to use existing worldgen mods as a base. ( this one and this one)

my goal is to create a biome with the forge floor tiles (and possibly adding more after).

after an all nighter of bugs, i managed to make the mod not crash on start. my biome is now here, but however it's invisible. colliders works and borders shows up but the custom tile i'm trying to implement is invisible (the world generation loading screen is also weirdly long). what i understood from searching through the forum is that it might have something to do with the anim/build? i first tried to copy paste from the PvP mod and rename it (which was obviously not a solution), then i tried to use the build renamer to rename the name inside build.bin to the appropriate name. it solved the weirdly long generating screen, but when i checked, the biome was still invisible.

i'm out of solutions and i'm getting desperate, anyone would know how to fix this?
below are screenshots and the main code files.

thank you in advance!

DST mod issue2.png

DST mod issue.png

mod folder.png

DST mod issue3.png

modworldgenmain.lua

modmain.lua

modinfo.lua

tile_adder.lua

lavaafloorturf.lua

room1.lua

Edited by shield angel
details

On 11.07.2018 at 9:24 PM, shield angel said:

i'm out of solutions and i'm getting desperate, anyone would know how to fix this?

The default tile (not noise) texture for The Forge tiles isn't correct (well, it causes some С errors). Use an another tile (again, not noise) texture and it will work fine. You've asked about it in the Custom Tile Adder thread, but the forum didn't notify me. 

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, ksaab said:

The default tile (not noise) texture for The Forge tiles isn't correct (well, it causes some С errors). Use an another tile (again, not noise) texture and it will work fine. You've asked about it in the Custom Tile Adder thread, but the forum didn't notify me. 

thank you so much it worked!!!! and not only that, but your comment made me inspect the texture file and compare it with others, and i realised it was missing a bunch of tiles and that they were in the wrong order, so i decided to update it using the rock tile as a reference. from there i could update the second forge texture aswell, which also worked!! now i even found how to code craftable floorgrates!
anyway, thanks a lot for the help!

here's pics of what i did if you're interested in seeing the results:

test mod icon.png

forge modd.png

forge modd2.png

Edited by shield angel
  • Like 1