Simple Morb Farm

Here's a simple design I set up in debug mode that can be easy to construct in game

20180705185732_1.thumb.jpg.e93555ffb244f1ad0990772f154760fd.jpg

Both buffer gates are set to 5 seconds

The filter gate is set to 15 seconds

The automation is set up so if a dupe stands on the left pressure plate for more than 15 seconds the mech door under the outhouse will open and 5 seconds later the outer pneumatic door will close locking the room.  The mech door under the outhouse will close again 5 seconds after the dupe leaves the pressure plate.

20180705185717_1.thumb.jpg.150c3c72b89c8a3ee0b2a947ac41b6d7.jpg

This is setup so if a dupe simply uses the bathroom nothing happens

20180705185726_1.thumb.jpg.e3abaca85b48d1150ba92f8ca6193f48.jpg 

But once the outhouse becomes full and a dupe triggers the pressure plate for more than 15 seconds the room will become locked

20180705185816_1.thumb.jpg.3c0a506e3ae2a0014b7b22c4a8ed2977.jpg20180705190834_1.thumb.jpg.20bbf2ae28b500f620abaf974b584ba3.jpg

The room will only be open again when a morb activates the left pressure plate as it wanders into the critter trap

20180705191112_1.thumb.jpg.965b492ac97c7c4cc2674b3096d10a20.jpg20180705191117_1.thumb.jpg.78f917be77a48611dd0e1413b7ec9b7b.jpg

After you collect the morb simply turn the switch on the right OFF to allow a dupe to empty the outhouse and carry the polluted dirt out.  Then set a new critter trap and turn the switch back ON

20180705191326_1.thumb.jpg.a6933b62e33eadacd3cb79856346a07f.jpg

NOTE: If a dupe gets trapped inside just move the dupe to the left pressure plate to free it

Interesting but too slow to produce massive morbs as it requires a trap per morb. I still prefer mine :

morbs1.thumb.png.be4ea37d197f0916f4ce44ffd7c2111b.png

I just open the doors every 2 cycles to drop the 3 morbs. Pumps break the pression to optimize the PO2 production and I put 7 tiles for their walk that it seems the best size.

(I did that setup in a real game without debug mode or sandbox).

Im my current colony I just placed 8 outhouses, waited for all of them to become out of order and then I just locked the room and now morbs keep spawning. I have more than I can count.

Does making this periodical lack of foundation increases spawn rate of morbs or is there some other reason?

25 minutes ago, Argelle said:

I thought morb would stand on vertical doors (but not horizontal) ?

Morb don't fall on horizontal door, but on vertical door they fall as you can see on my screenshot.

22 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

Does making this periodical lack of foundation increases spawn rate of morbs or is there some other reaso

No still produces 1 mobs / 1,5 cycles.

26 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

Im my current colony I just placed 8 outhouses, waited for all of them to become out of order and then I just locked the room and now morbs keep spawning. I have more than I can count.

Does making this periodical lack of foundation increases spawn rate of morbs or is there some other reason?

So far there is a bug - they spawns after game load. If you do not reload your game, than second morb do not spawns in same room

Just now, Prince Mandor said:

So far there is a bug - they spawns after game load. If you do not reload your game, than second morb do not spawns in same room

That can explain why I have so many - recently I have been doing some experimenting and was saving and loading a lot.

Thanks for claryfing.

17 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

I don't need to reload my game, the fact to open/close the doors under the outhouse reset it.

1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

I don't need to reload my game, the fact to open/close the doors under the outhouse reset it.

I was answering to another man, who said about just setting 8 full outhouses in closed room.

Your design not only reset timer, but remove morbs from a room too.

I just do not like timed versions - prefer weight plates, dropping morb "on demand" :) But any way there will be more morbs than we need, so optimization is fruitless.

BTW, morbs feel overpressure only from p.oxygen. They happily  produce if covered by any other gases. So, you do not need much pumping if you just fill bottom of pit with CO2 or Chlorine. Just use lot of it, so there will be some even if pressure reach 5 or 10 kg.

And do anybody recheck, is it still 7 cells wide optimum for morbs? Possibly something changes in cosmic

On 2018/7/6 at 4:03 PM, SamLogan said:

Interesting but too slow to produce massive morbs as it requires a trap per morb. I still prefer mine :

morbs1.thumb.png.be4ea37d197f0916f4ce44ffd7c2111b.png

I just open the doors every 2 cycles to drop the 3 morbs. Pumps break the pression to optimize the PO2 production and I put 7 tiles for their walk that it seems the best size.

(I did that setup in a real game without debug mode or sandbox).

I tried your design, but the morbs don't drop when I open the door. Any suggestions?

If you want to use traps, then place traps, pDoor one tile off the floor, toilets.

The morbs will walk under the door into the traps and you just have to remember to come by and replace used traps.

The door is there to stop dupes from cleaning the toilets, but allow access while they fill them up. (Remember that dupes can reach through a locked pDoor, so need to leave a tile of space before the first toilet.)

On 7/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, Nativel said:

Why not just place gas pumps on the top and outhouses on the bottom?

You need to open/close the doors to force the outhouses to reset. You could put the pumps higher, but you can't put the outhouses lower.

1 hour ago, Xarian said:

You need to open/close the doors to force the outhouses to reset.

In previus updates I've got two outhouses for morbs and those morbs spawn by tier own w/o any doors, so now it's not working any more?

15 minutes ago, Nativel said:

In previus updates I've got two outhouses for morbs and those morbs spawn by tier own w/o any doors, so now it's not working any more?

They reset the timer on a reload of your save, no matter the setup, so you won't entirely get no more morbs.  However, if you want to play for a few cycles straight, they only reset if the morb is no longer in the room with the outhouse and after 1.5 cycles.

4 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

They reset the timer on a reload of your save, no matter the setup, so you won't entirely get no more morbs.  However, if you want to play for a few cycles straight, they only reset if the morb is no longer in the room with the outhouse and after 1.5 cycles.

I see, in previus was like 18 cycles and then two more morbs spawns.

Archived