Do I have to keep rolling back to keep my Beefalo tamed?

I have my beefalo tamed since early days in the game. I've ran into this problem a few times where my beefalo just lose its domestication despite having a lot of Salt Lick around...

Here we go again....

It seems like the solution to this problem is to just keep rolling back and lose in-game progress in order to keep the beefalo tamed or just freaking kill it and get it over with. 

I was doing just fine, until I noticed my Beefalo turning back to normal despite having a lot of Salt Lick around it:

VY0OSrl.jpg

Rolled back 1

Wa2j2Ue.jpg

Another rolled back...

qBOosof.jpg

At this point, I think these Salt Lick still broken/glitchy and it's better to just kill the Beefalo the next time he turned. I'm so sick of rolling back and losing progress because Salt Licks don't work. I had another incident just last week when he finished one Salt Lick (despite having more salt lick around) he just turned back to normal because I didn't replaced the one he finished it.. After the early incident, I started to brush him at least twice each season, ride a little bit and changed the Salt Lick.. he still turned. Next time, I will just end his misery and mine.... 

No, it's not the size of the pen that's the issue. I have a smaller pen for mine, but he never has problems accessing the multiple salt licks I provide.

I have read of the salt lick having issues in the past with Beefalo losing domestication even with it around, but it was supposedly fixed.

Perhaps it still has issues in the console versions. Unless you intend to continue moving a bunch of sculptures/spikes/sand castles, it probably would be best that you let it go.

This just came to my mind, but maybe it can help (if you still have your Beefalo).

Perhaps the Beefalo still loses a bit of domestication at odd intervals. Maybe when it finished a salt lick, maybe when you first unload it when it's off-screen. I have no clue.

You should still continue to feed your Beefalo even when you have fully tamed it as its domestication points are still there and do drop if you take it for a ride and if its hunger is at 0. Simply brushing/riding it won't be enough to maintain its domestication points.

Once you've gotten the points back up, a good way to figure out where it's at is to take a few days to ride it and see how long it takes before it throws you off. 13 minutes means maximum domestication, and any less means you should feed it and ride it some more. Remember that it loses 300 hunger points per 8 minutes (1 day).

Archived