Zoom for controller based gameplay

I've been playing Don't Starve on the computer for several years now. I just recently purchased a Switch and decided to buy the Switch version of Don't Starve and was kinda shocked to find that of all the things I couldn't do, it was zoom in and out. Playing on the T.V. dock it isn't really a problem, but especially when playing in portable mode it can be a bit hard to see your character. Plus, I'm just used to having that function enabled in general so it feels like a missing feature. 

My personal suggestion would be to map a zoom function to the Left and Right analog sticks, specifically pressing them in to zoom in and out. That seems to be the most logical placement for the feature, and maybe have an option to disable it if you're one of those who puts too much pressure on the control stick. On the computer I remapped my zoom function to the keyboard so I know it's possible to use a button press for it.

I realize in the grand scheme of things it's probably a minor problem, but I also feel like it shouldn't be the hardest problem to look into either, especially if this version of the game is more or less a direct port of the computer version

Sorry to necro my own post, but I did start playing on the PC again and noticed that zoom in / zoom out are actually under the possible controls when playing with an XBox controller. What's more, they are mapped to the analog sticks like I suggested! Is zoom just a PC only thing? I haven't played any of the other console versions so I'm unaware if this only affects the Switch version

Archived