Local splitscreen offline lags and crashes

Dear devs,

The lags and crashes in local splitscreen offline seem very common on xbox one attested to the many topics on this subject since March 2018 until now 
(bug trackers section of the xbox one). I bought the game a month ago and I myself have these problems of lags and server crashes (game parameters set to default). 
They are all the more frustrating and painful as DST is an exciting and addictive game !! They force the players to give up the game which is really a pity.

The DST Xbox one community exists and needs you to fix these crashes and lags.

Thank you for your attention and for your work.

Thanks for your interest in the subject.

I played about 15 games in cooperation with 2 players (same x box) both offline and online (2 players) and I had each time lags and disconnections of servers that forced me to give up ...
Unfortunately, I have memorized the settings of the last 5 games only. The settings are as follows (my game is in French, sorry if the translations are not perfect ...):

Common to all 5 games: Offline / Cooperative Mode / Endless Play Mode / 2 Players / PvP No / Local Only

Game 1 : - Biome: Classic (Forest) - World size: thin (smallest ?) (Forest) - Land branch: Less (Forest) - The rest by default 
Games 2 and 3: - All by default
Games 4 and 5 - Winter: short (Forest) - The rest by default

I have also tried 3 identical games in solo and I have encountered the same lags and server disconnection (Offline / Solo / Endless Game Mode / 1 Player / Local Only / PvP No / the rest by default). 
When the game lag, an icon in the middle of the splited screen appears (see uploaded image). When the server is about to disconnect, a lightning flash appears in the icon. 
However, the server does not necessarily disconnect when there is lightning. When the server disconnects, the following message appears: "Oops .. the server has disconnected for unknown reasons". 

When lags occur, the character moves more or less jerky, at worst the character no longer responds to orders for a longer or shorter period. The day seems however to advance normally despite the lags. 
They occur randomly. 

I tried to be as accurate as possible. I hope you will come to reproduce these lags so that you will have a better idea of the inconvenience.

I hope you can solve these problems because DST is a great game.

On behalf of the community, thank you very much for your help ! 

Rokam

Icon DST - lags + deconnexion.jpg

It is a known issue that the Xbox version constantly lags, regardless of playing solo, online or split-screen co-op. The game runs quite badly, frame rates drop all the time. I was hoping it would change, when Klei started to support updates for the console versions. But it is still the same. 

The game runs much better on my computer that I bought in 2010. You can actually play the game.

Offline co-op split-screen is the main reason I bought the Mega Pack for the Xbox One. My wife and I own three copies across various platforms including WiiU, PC (both Windows and Linux), and now the Xbox One. We have played solo for almost a decade now and have wanted to play DST with each other forever and thought this would finally be our time. We were so excited, and it's still amazing when it's working, but then everything you guys have been describing happens to us and virtually kills our sessions for which we have very little time to set aside for in the first place. PLEASE FIX THIS! We play offline together on one machine and have no interest in playing with random people over the Internet; WHY DOES THIS MODE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A SERVER OR THE NET CONNECTION?! Again, PLEASE FIX THIS!

On 7/8/2018 at 1:13 AM, Golgo2047 said:

Offline co-op split-screen is the main reason I bought the Mega Pack for the Xbox One. My wife and I own three copies across various platforms including WiiU, PC (both Windows and Linux), and now the Xbox One. We have played solo for almost a decade now and have wanted to play DST with each other forever and thought this would finally be our time. We were so excited, and it's still amazing when it's working, but then everything you guys have been describing happens to us and virtually kills our sessions for which we have very little time to set aside for in the first place. PLEASE FIX THIS! We play offline together on one machine and have no interest in playing with random people over the Internet; WHY DOES THIS MODE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A SERVER OR THE NET CONNECTION?! Again, PLEASE FIX THIS!

Did you check your router? Maybe there is a network outage in your area? Perhaps you ran out of AOL dial up time? 

I'm kidding, but that's the type of reply you should expect with this issue. KLEI has had months to look at these problems and zero progress has been made. If you're looking for a refund I would recommend contacting Microsoft as you may get an actual reply from them. If you put your faith in these guys, you're going to be let down. I've tried shrinking the worlds, turning world regrowth/disease down/up, turning off practically every animal, and running around the entire map catching every thing on fire so I can have completely barren biomes. This was in an attempt to eliminate the number of items generated in the world. Some things work sometimes, but nothing has fixed this for me completely. If you change world size (for example), you may notice that you are quicker at chopping trees, opening doors and chests, and picking things up. Great! As you keep playing however you will notice there are other lags like rubber banding that decide to show up. As I say this.... I realize the testing that I've been performing is probably stuff that should have been tested by the company prior to pushing this out untested for a cash grab. Usually the person that buys the product is the one that gets to enjoy the product (instead of troubleshooting all these issues and writing all these stupid posts talking about how sad your company is), but I suppose that's only related to companies that value their customers.

If you want to play this in couch co-op, the ps4 version is a little more tolerable with the lags, but they're still there and they're still just as annoying. 

Archived